Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sipgate external gateway down - again (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235128-sipgate-external-gateway-down-again.html)

Thomas Sandford 05-13-2005 08:22 PM

Sipgate external gateway down - again

Sipgate once again (as of 21:05 on 13th May) seems to be dead to the outside
world. Internal (sipgate to sipgate) calls still work, but nothing in from or
out to the wider PSTN.

Guys - you _really_ need to get a grip on this - it's just not good enough
for a service that's being sold to the general public - people need a phone
service they can rely on. And you'll find the statement "No Refund! Credits
on your account cannot be redeemed for cash..." is not one that holds much
force in an English court of law when faced with the Supply of Goods and
Services Act 1982, the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the Unfair Terms
in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999.

Meanwhile your pay-as-you-go customers are left reflecting that your service
is worth every penny paid for monthly line rental.

The lack of any mention of the recent problems on the Sipgate website
hardly inspires confidience either.

--
Thomas Sandford | ${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk
Paradise Green Technical Services: S'ware/Hw design and Theatre Tech. Services

dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 05-13-2005 09:21 PM

Re: Sipgate external gateway down - again

On 13 May 2005 21:22:45 +0100, Thomas Sandford
<${thomas/03$}@paradisegreen.co.uk> wrote:
>Meanwhile your pay-as-you-go customers are left reflecting that your service
>is worth every penny paid for monthly line rental.

I don't get you with this Thomas there is no monthly line rental with
Sipgate am I missing what you are meaning here Thomas but Sipgate
are getting worse with every day that passes
>The lack of any mention of the recent problems on the Sipgate website
>hardly inspires confidience either.

This is because the ship is running with no one at the helm I
shouldn't wonder ,management seem to have a habit of leaving the
ship to steer itself while they go off for a few days holiday every
week or so .
Another thing about Sipgate is this I signed up about a month before
the fantastic all singing and dancing voicemail was brought on stream
and in that four weeks there was about two/three Sundays when the
service went down did they bother to find out the true cause of the
problem did they hell they just patched it up and got on with bringing
voicemail on stream which hasn't worked correctly since day one and is
still in BETA.
Again instead of working at getting voicemail working correctly and
out of BETA they have to start ****ing about with bringing the
facility of being able to hide your sipgate number into being .
Damn it why in Gods name can't they get one aspect of the service
working 100% correct before moving on to another project !!!! .
IMO this bloody shower is 100% worse than Telewest was when they first
put cable down in our area and by the hell I thought no telicoms
provider could possibly be worse at that time but Sipgate have proved
me wrong on that score !! .