Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235123-cisco-ata186-phone2-dead.html)

TheDragon 05-12-2005 05:44 PM

Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead

I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a
parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2 to
operate.

I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

Phil Thompson 05-12-2005 06:50 PM

Re: Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead

On Thu, 12 May 2005 18:44:41 +0100, "TheDragon"
<Respond_To_News_only@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a
>parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2 to
>operate.
>
>I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

as configured for BTBBV the 2nd line is not supported.

It isn't a parallel of phone 1 it can have two lines running on it (at
least the SIP version can).

see for example the screen below with 2 user IDs, passwords etc
http://www.oz-deals.com.au/hardware_...ta186_sip.html

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !

TheDragon 05-12-2005 07:24 PM

Re: Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead

"Phil Thompson" <phil.thompson@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 May 2005 18:44:41 +0100, "TheDragon"
> <Respond_To_News_only@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a
>>parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2
>>operate.
>>
>>I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

> as configured for BTBBV the 2nd line is not supported.
>
> It isn't a parallel of phone 1 it can have two lines running on it (at
> least the SIP version can).
>
> see for example the screen below with 2 user IDs, passwords etc
> http://www.oz-deals.com.au/hardware_...ta186_sip.html
>
> Phil
> --
> spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
> Come on down !

When I phoned BTBBV they mentioned a business version that has 2 lines and 2
numbers.

Phil Thompson 05-12-2005 07:51 PM

Re: Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead

On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:24:22 +0100, "TheDragon"
<Respond_To_News_only@gmail.com> wrote:

>When I phoned BTBBV they mentioned a business version that has 2 lines and 2
>numbers.

does it use the Fujitsu ATA
http://www.btbroadbandvoice.com/bbv4..._it_works.html

yes :-)

Phil

TheDragon 05-12-2005 08:35 PM

Re: Cisco ATA186 Phone2 Dead

> On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:24:22 +0100, "TheDragon"
> <Respond_To_News_only@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>When I phoned BTBBV they mentioned a business version that has 2 lines and
>>2
>>numbers.

> does it use the Fujitsu ATA
> http://www.btbroadbandvoice.com/bbv4..._it_works.html
>
> yes :-)
>
> Phil
> --
> spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
> Come on down !

He never said. I had to call sales. I dont really want 2 numbers, just 2
phones connected. Look like I need to go and buy a phone doubler socket.