Velocity Reviews

-   -   Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235115-two-1899-voip-calls-simultaneously.html)

me@privacy.net 05-11-2005 04:16 PM

Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously?

Is it possible to make two 1899 VOIP calls at the same time? My
testing indicates not. On my Sipura 2100 it would allow two calls but
1899's service gives beep, beep when you place the second call.

It's not any problem with the Sipura, but an administrative limitation
of 1899.

If you have one customer number, but the two calls originating from
different registered phone numbers, does that work?

Jono 05-11-2005 07:22 PM

Re: Two 1899 VOIP calls simultaneously?

me@privacy.net wrote:
|| Is it possible to make two 1899 VOIP calls at the same time? My
|| testing indicates not. On my Sipura 2100 it would allow two calls but
|| 1899's service gives beep, beep when you place the second call.
|| It's not any problem with the Sipura, but an administrative
|| limitation of 1899.
|| If you have one customer number, but the two calls originating from
|| different registered phone numbers, does that work?

I'm sure I had to update my SPA's firmware before two simultaneous calls
could be made with the best codec. Also forwarding (double checking)
different ports for L1 & L2 made a massive difference.

I've not tried 2 calls with 1899. Can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Can you make 2 calls with 2 providers?

me@privacy.net 05-12-2005 04:02 PM

On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:22:43 +0100, "Jono" <nosmap@nospam.com> wrote:

>me@privacy.net wrote:
>|| Is it possible to make two 1899 VOIP calls at the same time? My
>|| testing indicates not. On my Sipura 2100 it would allow two calls but
>|| 1899's service gives beep, beep when you place the second call.
>|| It's not any problem with the Sipura, but an administrative
>|| limitation of 1899.
>|| If you have one customer number, but the two calls originating from
>|| different registered phone numbers, does that work?
>
>I'm sure I had to update my SPA's firmware before two simultaneous calls
>could be made with the best codec. Also forwarding (double checking)
>different ports for L1 & L2 made a massive difference.

Can you explain this? You mean the "SIP Port" setting on the Line 1 /
Line 2 screens? Surely this is automatically set to different values,
if I try to set both to 5060 then the Sipura forces one of them to
5061?

>I've not tried 2 calls with 1899. Can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

It doesn't work. I just upgraded my 2100's firmware to 3.1.2(b) and
1899 only allows one call at a time, however I only have one PSTN
number registered for 1899 service. Perhaps registering two PSTN
numbers for 1899 would allow two simultaenous 1899VOIP calls? Anyone
tried this?

>Can you make 2 calls with 2 providers?

Yes.

The Cable Guy 05-12-2005 05:22 PM

me@privacy.net wrote:
||| I'm sure I had to update my SPA's firmware before two simultaneous
||| calls could be made with the best codec. Also forwarding (double
||| checking) different ports for L1 & L2 made a massive difference.
|| Can you explain this? You mean the "SIP Port" setting on the Line 1 /
|| Line 2 screens? Surely this is automatically set to different values,
|| if I try to set both to 5060 then the Sipura forces one of them to
|| 5061?

I tend to use 5060 & 5070 - I read that the ports ought to have at least 5
between them

||| I've not tried 2 calls with 1899. Can't imagine why it wouldn't
||| work.
|| It doesn't work. I just upgraded my 2100's firmware to 3.1.2(b) and
|| 1899 only allows one call at a time, however I only have one PSTN
|| number registered for 1899 service. Perhaps registering two PSTN
|| numbers for 1899 would allow two simultaenous 1899VOIP calls? Anyone
|| tried this?

That would [have to] work - just like 2 separate individuals -

||| Can you make 2 calls with 2 providers?
|| Yes.

Then it's a 1899 issue.

Linus Surguy 05-12-2005 09:35 PM

"The Cable Guy" <nosmap@nospam.talk21.com> wrote:
>|| Can you explain this? You mean the "SIP Port" setting on the Line 1 /
>|| Line 2 screens? Surely this is automatically set to different values,
>|| if I try to set both to 5060 then the Sipura forces one of them to
>|| 5061?
>
>I tend to use 5060 & 5070 - I read that the ports ought to have at least 5
>between them

You are thinking of the RTP ports, which are used in 'chunks' of 4. The SIP port
address doesnt matter.

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!