Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Asterisk setup? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235090-re-asterisk-setup.html)

Ian 05-09-2005 04:36 PM

Re: Asterisk setup?

"Andrew Hodgson" <me3@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:beis71tvl3q6ab00ucsvislqf1l0bea4k3@4ax.com...
> Hi,
>
> What are people using as Asterisk servers? What sort of specs are
> best, and does anyone know if there are any packaged systems available
> with web interface etc? I am not really sure of most of the config
> options in the config files - I am not a telecoms expert, although do
> understand some of the sections re codecs etc.
>
> Thanks.
> Andrew.
> --
> Andrew Hodgson in Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK.
> My Email: use <andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org>.

Hi.

My Box here is an Dual 1.3G 2U server with 760Meg of ram, The version of * I
run on this is a fairly recent version of head. I avoid *@home as its quirky
with respect to conf files. I have a clone X101 with CLI patch applied for
all my business use i use voiptalk iax trunks .
Added features are 1471 for reading back the last 10 callers, Password
protected remote access, script to divert "international" calls to an IVR
and system speed dials. For phones I use Mitel 5215, BT102 and 101, Xlite,
and Xpro for PDA. and a ATA186 for fax and Dect.
I also restart * nightly, backup the conf files and copy the CDR records to
a safe location with a simple cron job.

Ian