Velocity Reviews

-   -   Initiate a SkyPe Call Using a Cordless Phone Via ActionTec Internet Phone Wizard? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t234780-initiate-a-skype-call-using-a-cordless-phone-via-actiontec-internet-phone-wizard.html)

jaykchan@hotmail.com 03-14-2006 05:59 PM

Initiate a SkyPe Call Using a Cordless Phone Via ActionTec Internet Phone Wizard?

I have just bought a phone adapter for connecting a regular phone to
SkyPe. I have a question on the way to initiate a call through a
cordless phone instead of through the SkyPe program.

That phone adapter is called "Internet Phone Wizard" from ActionTec.
That device connects to the PC through USB, and the device has a jack
for an analog phone. I have connected a corded phone to the device,
and I can talk using the phone and SkyPe; but I will have to initiate
the call through the SkyPe program. I don't know how to initiate a
SkyPe call using the keys in the phone. This is OK as long as I am
using the corded phone and I need to sit in front of the PC anyway.
But this won't be OK if I use one of those set of multiple cordless
phones because I may be making SkyPe call from a different room.
According to ActionTec web site, I am supposed to hit some keys in the
phone to initiate a SkyPe call; but they don't say which keys (I guess
this may be specific to the model of phone). I have emailed them about
this; but almost a week later they still haven't answered my email (not
a good sign for customer service).

I think this may have something to do with setting up a Speed Dial to
each phone number in the phone book in SkyPe. I have done that; but
still I don't know which keys in the phone to press to tell the phone
adapter that I meant to use SkyPe to make the call.

I am quite puzzled right now. Please help.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Enzo Michelangeli 03-14-2006 11:57 PM

Re: Initiate a SkyPe Call Using a Cordless Phone Via ActionTec Internet Phone Wizard?

The user manual at http://www.actiontec.com/support/voip/manual.pdf , at
pages 26 and 28, says that you have to hit the '#' key twice, wait for the
dial tone, then enter a SkypeOut or a Skype speed-dial number (that you'll
have separately set up in advance using the Skype software).

Enzo

news:1142359190.341052.209340@v46g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...

jaykchan@hotmail.com 03-15-2006 05:27 PM

Re: Initiate a SkyPe Call Using a Cordless Phone Via ActionTec Internet Phone Wizard?

Thanks, I found it.

I didn't understand the instruction when I was installing the device; I
thought that meaned something else. Now that you point it out, I
understand it.

Jay Chan