Velocity Reviews

-   -   Which SIP server to choose? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t234744-which-sip-server-to-choose.html)

octacube@hotmail.com 02-22-2006 07:06 AM

Which SIP server to choose?

I'm trying to make our company's SIP/VoIP recording service to divide
the workload on 2 computers that record the incoming calls and i would
need a some kind of server program to redirect the incoming calls (they
come through SIP Gateway from VarPhonex). Both computers can accept
several calls simultaneously (using DialDictate for recording) but not
enough for our company's needs and creating another voip number for the
other computer would be quite non-userfriendly solution. I'm new to
these things and haven't tested any server softwares yet. Any
suggestions? thanks in advance!

valentino.rossi.85 02-22-2006 06:57 PM

Re: Which SIP server to choose?

imo, basically u need a numbering plan on the SIP gateway to divide the
workload on to the 2 computers. i'd prefer asterisk running on the 2
computers cos it's opensource with recording ability. u can
interconnect them in ur local LAN