Velocity Reviews

-   -   Adsl+sip+did (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t233953-adsl-sip-did.html)

SIP2PSTN 05-01-2005 11:28 AM

Adsl+sip+did

We are a small solution company in I ndia , we want to make a VOI
solution package for SMEs who would like to have a Virtual Phone Numbe
in U.S and other countries . For this we want to use the existin
internet infrastructure mostly avaliable to businesses which is ADS
256Kpbs to 512kpbs . We want to use DID (virtual phone number provider
) providers which support SIP like www.pulver.com etc and have the call
from the phone numbers in U.S or other country to be fowarded to SI
numbers which will be answered in Indi a at offices of respectiv
offices who owns the DID number .

We need advice to achive the following which is based on cheap solutio
or product like Cisco ATA & VPC1000 FXS to FXO Port Converter b
http://www.pcphoneline.com , Most SME business owners wants the call
recieved from U.S which can be of potential customers should b
answered by them than an employee of the company so we need a solutio
which can make calls receieved on standard phone device using simila
to ATA in the office or fowared to mobile phone of the owner using
PSTN line of their office after recieveing the call from SIP using ADS
in the same office .

Diagram:-
U.S Local No(DID )- SIP(pulver.com)- Internet- India(ADSL)- SIP Phon
/ Fowarded to Mobile Using PSTN line.

Can some one suggest such a solution , It would be breatly appreciate

--
SIP2PSTN

Enzo Michelangeli 05-01-2005 03:14 PM

Re: Adsl+sip+did

SIP2PSTN wrote:
> We are a small solution company in I ndia , we want to make a VOIP
> solution package for SMEs who would like to have a Virtual Phone
> Number in U.S and other countries . For this we want to use the
> existing internet infrastructure mostly avaliable to businesses
> which is ADSL 256Kpbs to 512kpbs . We want to use DID (virtual
> phone number providers) providers which support SIP like
> www.pulver.com etc and have the calls from the phone numbers in
> U.S or other country to be fowarded to SIP numbers which will be
> answered in Indi a at offices of respective offices who owns the
> DID number .
>
> We need advice to achive the following which is based on cheap
> solution or product like Cisco ATA & VPC1000 FXS to FXO Port
> Converter by http://www.pcphoneline.com , Most SME business
> owners wants the calls recieved from U.S which can be of
> potential customers should be answered by them than an employee
> of the company so we need a solution which can make calls
> receieved on standard phone device using similar to ATA in the
> office or fowared to mobile phone of the owner using a PSTN line
> of their office after recieveing the call from SIP using ADSL
> in the same office .
>
> Diagram:-
> U.S Local No(DID )- SIP(pulver.com)- Internet- India(ADSL)- SIP
> Phone / Fowarded to Mobile Using PSTN line.
>
> Can some one suggest such a solution , It would be breatly
> appreciated

Piece of cake: www.ipkall.com -> FWD number, on which a Sipura SPA-3000
will register its PSTN section, converting incoming SIP calls to PSTN
calls to a given number: e.g., to call the local number 12345678, with
a dialplan:

(<:12345678#>)

(being the calld number a fixed one, caller authentication is not
necessary).

The manual of the SPA-3000 is at:
http://www.sipura.com/Documents/Sipu...uidev2.0.9.pdf

Enzo

Miguel Cruz 05-01-2005 10:47 PM

Re: Adsl+sip+did

SIP2PSTN <SIP2PSTN.1octip@news.broadbandbanter.com> wrote:
> We are a small solution company in I ndia , we want to make a VOIP
> solution package for SMEs who would like to have a Virtual Phone Number
> in U.S and other countries . For this we want to use the existing
> internet infrastructure mostly avaliable to businesses which is ADSL
> 256Kpbs to 512kpbs . We want to use DID (virtual phone number providers
> ) providers which support SIP like www.pulver.com etc and have the calls
> from the phone numbers in U.S or other country to be fowarded to SIP
> numbers which will be answered in Indi a at offices of respective
> offices who owns the DID number .

You can get phone numbers from a variety of countries here:

http://www.libretel.com/

I have had a US phone number from them (cost $8 to set up, $6/month) for
several months and it has worked flawlessly.

Then get a device like the Supura 3000 that will forward incoming SIP calls
to a local number by dialing through its PSTN port.

miguel

Ivor Jones 05-01-2005 11:16 PM

Re: Adsl+sip+did

Miguel Cruz wrote:

[snip]

> You can get phone numbers from a variety of countries here:
>
> http://www.libretel.com/
>
> I have had a US phone number from them (cost $8 to set up,
> $6/month) for several months and it has worked flawlessly.
>
> Then get a device like the Supura 3000 that will forward incoming
> SIP calls to a local number by dialing through its PSTN port.
>
> miguel

Or you can get a US number totally free from www.ipkall.com - works to my
UK Sipgate account perfectly.

Ivor

Miguel Cruz 05-02-2005 12:38 AM

Re: Adsl+sip+did

Ivor Jones <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote:
> Miguel Cruz wrote:
>> You can get phone numbers from a variety of countries here:
>>
>> http://www.libretel.com/
>>
>> I have had a US phone number from them (cost $8 to set up,
>> $6/month) for several months and it has worked flawlessly.

> Or you can get a US number totally free from www.ipkall.com - works to my
> UK Sipgate account perfectly.

True, but:

A) For commercial purposes I would have greater trust for something that
was not free. If ipkall decides to change or cancel my phone number, I have
no recourse against them, and I have to reprint all my stationery at
considerable cost to myself.

B) Ipkall's numbers are all in Washington State, which I have never heard of
but presume is some sort of rubella-infested wasteland populated by underfed
mangy bears and the occasional rabid beaver. Since they're already going
through the effort to fake it, many people would prefer to go all the way
and get a New York City or Los Angeles number.

miguel

Ivor Jones 05-02-2005 03:57 AM

Re: Adsl+sip+did

Miguel Cruz wrote:
> Ivor Jones <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote:
>> Miguel Cruz wrote:
>>> You can get phone numbers from a variety of countries here:
>>>
>>> http://www.libretel.com/
>>>
>>> I have had a US phone number from them (cost $8 to set up,
>>> $6/month) for several months and it has worked flawlessly.

>> Or you can get a US number totally free from www.ipkall.com -
>> works to my UK Sipgate account perfectly.

> True, but:
>
> A) For commercial purposes I would have greater trust for something
> that was not free. If ipkall decides to change or cancel my phone
> number, I have no recourse against them, and I have to reprint all
> my stationery at considerable cost to myself.

True, but paying for something doesn't mean it won't get cancelled. Even
if you do have recourse against them, you'd still have to reprint
stationery..!

> B) Ipkall's numbers are all in Washington State, which I have never
> heard of but presume is some sort of rubella-infested wasteland
> populated by underfed mangy bears and the occasional rabid beaver.
> Since they're already going through the effort to fake it, many
> people would prefer to go all the way and get a New York City or
> Los Angeles number.

Wow, where do you live..? Even in the backwoods of the UK I've heard of
Washington State <g>

Yes, well if it came to it. personally I'd like 415 (San Francisco) or 480
(Phoenix) numbers, since that's where my friends are, but as they get
inclusive calls to any US number as part of their line rental, they can
call me for free whatever my area code is.

BTW if you want free UK numbers (any code) you can get them from
www.sipgate.co.uk - the only stipulation is that you must do the
registration from a UK based IP address, but that's not difficult.

Ivor

John Nelson 05-02-2005 05:10 PM

Re: Adsl+sip+did

In article <tdCdnZI9oKs96-jfRVn-jQ@speakeasy.net>, mnc@admin.u.nu
says...
> > Or you can get a US number totally free from www.ipkall.com - works to my
> > UK Sipgate account perfectly.

> True, but:
>
> A) For commercial purposes I would have greater trust for something that
> was not free. If ipkall decides to change or cancel my phone number, I have
> no recourse against them, and I have to reprint all my stationery at
> considerable cost to myself.

A valid concern, to be sure.

> B) Ipkall's numbers are all in Washington State, which I have never heard of
> but presume is some sort of rubella-infested wasteland populated by underfed
> mangy bears and the occasional rabid beaver. Since they're already going
> through the effort to fake it, many people would prefer to go all the way
> and get a New York City or Los Angeles number.

Hey! I am a Washington native and I resent that! Your description would
be fitting for a PART of our wonderful state (the campus of a large
software company in Redmond) but the rest of "The Evergreen State" is a
nice place, even if two thirds of it is usually brown.

Oh..., and the beavers are an Oregon thing.

Frans Keijer 05-04-2005 12:01 AM

Re: Adsl+sip+did

[Making VoIP available to small/medium sized enterprises in India]

Set up a Linux-server with Asterisk with the hardware of your choice. ;-)
http://www.asterisk.org/
http://asterisk.org/index.php?menu=hardware

Zebedee 05-07-2005 11:01 AM

Re: Adsl+sip+did

Telappliant (telappliant.com) provide UK numbers from most UK cities, as
well as European numbers in around 8countries. I think they cater mainly for
businesses though so nothing's free!

news:MPG.1cdffeec98d6c63b98977e@news.comcast.gigan ews.com...