Velocity Reviews

-   -   Should I be getting the Sipura SPA-1001 Analog VOIP Adapter? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t233948-should-i-be-getting-the-sipura-spa-1001-analog-voip-adapter.html)

ChrisR 04-29-2005 01:48 AM

Should I be getting the Sipura SPA-1001 Analog VOIP Adapter?

If anyone can help that would be great. I intend to plug my cordless
analog phone into an ATA which is then connected to my D-link DSL-504G
(http://dlink.com.au/Default.aspx?FolderID=225) router/ADSL modem. I've
set up an account with Fwd world.

Will the Sipura SPA-1001 Analog VOIP Adapter do as my ATA? Should I be
using something else with this particular router? I'm located in New
Zealand and want to call the UK if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Miguel Cruz 04-29-2005 01:57 AM

Re: Should I be getting the Sipura SPA-1001 Analog VOIP Adapter?

ChrisR <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote:
> If anyone can help that would be great. I intend to plug my cordless
> analog phone into an ATA which is then connected to my D-link DSL-504G
> (http://dlink.com.au/Default.aspx?FolderID=225) router/ADSL modem. I've
> set up an account with Fwd world.
>
> Will the Sipura SPA-1001 Analog VOIP Adapter do as my ATA? Should I be
> using something else with this particular router? I'm located in New
> Zealand and want to call the UK if that makes any difference.

I recently got one and so far I like it. It's tiny and lightweight and seems
to work well. In contrast with the Cisco ATA-186 it is replacing, it was a
breeze to configure (no more than 3 minutes in my case, and it worked on the
first try). Sound quality seems fine. At the moment I'm using it in Europe
to connect to an Asterisk server in the USA; it'll get its true trial by
fire when I bring it back to Asia next week.

miguel
Latest photos: Jordan, Turkey, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Israel

ChrisR 04-29-2005 05:36 AM

Miguel Cruz wrote:

> I recently got one and so far I like it. It's tiny and lightweight and seems
> to work well. In contrast with the Cisco ATA-186 it is replacing, it was a
> breeze to configure (no more than 3 minutes in my case, and it worked on the
> first try). Sound quality seems fine. At the moment I'm using it in Europe
> to connect to an Asterisk server in the USA; it'll get its true trial by
> fire when I bring it back to Asia next week.
>
> miguel

Ah, ok thanks. And I guess there is no problem using with my router?
How do you configure the SPA-1001? Does it plug into your
computer....does it have its own ip address perhaps?

Ivor Jones 04-29-2005 06:19 AM

ChrisR wrote:
> Miguel Cruz wrote:
>
>> I recently got one and so far I like it. It's tiny and lightweight
>> and seems to work well. In contrast with the Cisco ATA-186 it is
>> replacing, it was a breeze to configure (no more than 3 minutes in
>> my case, and it worked on the first try). Sound quality seems
>> fine. At the moment I'm using it in Europe to connect to an
>> Asterisk server in the USA; it'll get its true trial by fire when
>> I bring it back to Asia next week. miguel

> Ah, ok thanks. And I guess there is no problem using with my
> router? How do you configure the SPA-1001? Does it plug into your
> computer....does it have its own ip address perhaps?

It plugs into your router like any other ethernet device. Yes it has its
own IP address which it gets either from the router if you use DHCP or
(preferably) one that you set manually in whatever private range your
system is using (mine is set to 192.168.1.12)

It is configured by means of its own web interface.

Ivor