Velocity Reviews

-   -   National DID's needed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t233248-national-dids-needed.html)

mako 10-14-2004 02:27 PM

National DID's needed

I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

VoIPTelco.net 10-14-2004 07:19 PM

Re: National DID's needed

ross@webunited.net (mako) wrote in message news:<344a5303.0410140627.52e9e387@posting.google. com>...
> I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

We do:

-VoIP Termination
-Softswitch Leasing
-DID Lines

VoIPTelco.net
The Voice Over IP Telco's Telco!
info@voiptelco.net

Kyler Laird 10-15-2004 11:08 PM

Re: National DID's needed

ross@webunited.net (mako) writes:

>I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

I haven't found any organized (by area code) lists of DID providers.
I'm surprised no one has started providing this information.

Instead, I just work through this list.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP+Service+Providers
For some reason it seems like most of the providers hide the lists
of areas they service. Sometimes they're only available in the
registration forms (usually by way of some ^#$%! JavaScript).

BroadVoice and VoicePulse Connect! both offer basic DID service. I
just heard back from BroadVoice that they consider their BYOD-Lite
service to be "residential" so it looks like Connect! is better if
you are going to be doing commercial things with it. Unfortunately
VoicePulse doesn't have as many DID areas.

Good luck.

--kyler

Brad Templeton 10-18-2004 01:09 AM

Re: National DID's needed

In article <f9fe0f44.0410141119.698f4e26@posting.google.com >,
VoIPTelco.net <info@voiptelco.net> wrote:
>ross@webunited.net (mako) wrote in message
>news:<344a5303.0410140627.52e9e387@posting.google .com>...
>> I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

>Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
price.

So, the right idea -- but where are these supposed wholesale prices
coming from?

DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming) and termination in the
USA I've seen for a penny wholesale, you want 2.6 cents if I buy
it in $2,000 chunks.
--
How to fix the DNS system and break up ICANN
http://www.templetons.com/brad/dns/

Kyler Laird 10-18-2004 06:08 PM

Re: National DID's needed

btm@templetons.com (Brad Templeton) writes:

>>Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.

>I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
>far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
>outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
>price.

Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
$33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
incoming line from some spammer.

>DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
>with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)

VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
any that you find in the "few-buck range".

--kyler

Brad Templeton 10-25-2004 05:09 AM

Re: National DID's needed

In article <96dd42-d9g.ln1@lairds.us>,
Kyler Laird <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> wrote:
>btm@templetons.com (Brad Templeton) writes:
>
>>>Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

>I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
>messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
>bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.
>
>>I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
>>far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
>>outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
>>price.

>Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
>for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
>the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
>numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
>$33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
>outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
>incoming line from some spammer.
>
>>DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
>>with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)

>VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
>incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
>any that you find in the "few-buck range".

Point was this site is pretending to be wholesale. Wholesale DIDs
are much cheaper, can be below a buck, but you need to be buying lots
and lots of them. Ditto termination which in major cities wholesales
for about 0.6 cents/minute, again if you buy a lot.

Call Level 3 for example.

If you are buying retail, then plans like Broadvoice make sense.
--
Essays on the spam issue and how to solve it
http://www.templetons.com/brad/spume/

mako 10-26-2004 02:05 PM

Re: National DID's needed

btm@templetons.com (Brad Templeton) wrote in message news:<10np2joanvbr96a@corp.supernews.com>...
> In article <96dd42-d9g.ln1@lairds.us>,
> Kyler Laird <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> wrote:

> >I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
> >messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
> >bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.
> >
> >>I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
> >>far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
> >>outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
> >>price.

> >Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
> >for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
> >the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
> >numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
> >$33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
> >outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
> >incoming line from some spammer.
> >
> >>DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
> >>with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)

> >VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
> >incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
> >any that you find in the "few-buck range".

> Point was this site is pretending to be wholesale. Wholesale DIDs
> are much cheaper, can be below a buck, but you need to be buying lots
> and lots of them. Ditto termination which in major cities wholesales
> for about 0.6 cents/minute, again if you buy a lot.
>
> Call Level 3 for example.
>
> If you are buying retail, then plans like Broadvoice make sense.

I,m using Nufone today. It works OK, but the monthly is about $7.99.
I agree that wholesale should be about .5 or in the few buck range.
The only thing that I've found as a provider, is to put a PRI in every
city. I pay $4.00 for a block of 20 DID's on a PRI that I have in
South FLA., not including my local loop charge and tax. (Not real
cost effective.) I'll let you know what I find.

TandemTransit 05-26-2009 04:33 PM

Wholesale DIDs and IP ports

You need to purchase these items together. you can not have just DIDs without having a IP port or TDM circuit somewhere. IP ports or SIP trunks can have multiple call paths or rollover lines. DIDs can be assigned in any combination of ways, if you are working with SIP trunks then its best to seek out a IP based provider. We provide wholesale origination only, so if you are seeking DIDs with a minimum of 96 IP ports for inbound calls to your switch, then you can submit an application to us on TandemTransit dot com. But i wont be able to support retail users directly, you may want to seek a voip provider who can offer termination or accept your calls outbound.

TandemTransit 05-26-2009 10:13 PM

Tandem Transit

Quote:

Originally Posted by mako
I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

I can provide unlimited inbound call paths or IP ports for any number of DIDs within LATA 132 (NY) or any west coast LATA. You will need to have a minimum of 96 ports to have wholesale rights on unlimited inbound ports. The DIDs can be ported to our platform if you have them. In addition this will require a wholesale agreement. email me at Dino at TandemTransit.com if you want some trial ports to test your setup.

Typically inbound ports can be billed per minute, but we are offering a flat rate port charge. this is SIP trunking to an SBC, not a retail handset. We can put you in touch with one of our clients should you need a lower IP port setup.

TandemTransit 06-04-2009 02:19 AM

No Such Thing as True Unlimited Calling or is there?

Most people jump on Unlimited calling plans, it seems to be a peace of mind marketing plan conjured up by some of our industry leaders. Unlimited or is it really a numbers game....given the inside scoop on the wholesale side of telecommunications, almost all carriers need to purchase minute termination from the other guy. What? Yes, all CARRIERS...who receive or originate calls from their clients need to ultimately terminate that call on too another carriers network. Seems very simple to understand, but yet there is complex billing and routing scheme in the mix, where these carriers fight it out for fractions of a penny on millions of minutes per month. So lets say you are smart enough to know all this, and yet you still want unlimited plans? when you can simply negotiate with a wholesale carrier to accept all your so called traffic...What was that? ok, let me say this again, because you cant predict where all your calls are going to need to be terminated on any given minute, you can negotiate with several wholesale providers to give you traffic termination at fractions of a penny, and this may prove to be less than your beloved unlimited plan. WHY? well in the end you are looking for simplicity, and cheap, and maybe quality. Since all carriers need to send their traffic to another carrier (even when it seems both ends of the call are on the same brand) you may find some new ideas in this little research. For example, buying SIP origination from Tandem Transit and SIP termination from say another carrier, SIP origination with DIDs inbound would suffice have the traffic needs, while you can reduce the Ports needed for outbound with a SIP termination agreement from a wholesale provider. Look into it, and let me know what you think? after all you are wasting time reading blogs, why not turn it into a learning/ cost savings R&D project.