Velocity Reviews

-   -   Video conferencing with Television (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t233004-video-conferencing-with-television.html)

Ravi 06-23-2004 06:38 PM

Video conferencing with Television

Hi,
For my masters project I am supposed to implement a Video Conferencing
facility with H.323. I have decided to do it on a PC board using the
intel 810 STB reference architecture running on a linux kernel. Is
there an alternative and what could be the major issue when it comes
to implementing a video chat for a Television. Also is there a place
where I can get the source for H.264 codec. I am sorry for being
vague, but I wanted to keep the desc. short.
Also is there a support for any webcam with 4 CIF resolution (708 X
570) in Linux.
Thanks and regards,
Ravi.

-=-peas-=- 08-19-2004 10:27 PM

Re: Video conferencing with Television

FU's set to comp.dcom.videoconf

"Ravi" <invertr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4ed7b2ef.0406231038.7dc8bf52@posting.google.c om...
> Hi,
> For my masters project I am supposed to implement a Video Conferencing
> facility with H.323. I have decided to do it on a PC board using the
> intel 810 STB reference architecture running on a linux kernel. Is
> there an alternative and what could be the major issue when it comes
> to implementing a video chat for a Television. Also is there a place
> where I can get the source for H.264 codec.

Source for a H.264 codec ? I doubt it, its too new and probably full of
licensing implications. But you could take a look at openh323.org and
packetizer.com to check.

> I am sorry for being
> vague, but I wanted to keep the desc. short.
> Also is there a support for any webcam with 4 CIF resolution (708 X
> 570) in Linux.

I don't know but i would guess the answer is no. I have not seen any free
webcam s/w that can do that high a resolution, i believe the higher ones do
FCIF.

> Thanks and regards,
> Ravi.

-=-peas-=-