Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco Call Manager Express (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232652-cisco-call-manager-express.html)

na 11-27-2003 01:48 AM

Cisco Call Manager Express

Hello,

Who has succesfully deployed a CCME in a small office? I have a 20
user site where I would like to deploy the CCME...

Does anyone have experience with set-up and daily administration?
Please could you share your feedback...

Thanks!

Pete 11-27-2003 02:02 AM

Re: Cisco Call Manager Express

In a smaller situation with 20 users why not use other products than Cisco
??? It will cost them at least 50% less if this is simpy for voice. We just
did
one Cisco quoted $13,000 we did it for $7500 using QTelNet gateways. If you
want any help let me know.

Cheers !

news:d5441a8f.0311261748.78bc864b@posting.google.c om...

Arnold Ligtvoet 11-27-2003 08:11 AM

na wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Who has succesfully deployed a CCME in a small office? I have a 20
> user site where I would like to deploy the CCME...
>
> Does anyone have experience with set-up and daily administration?
> Please could you share your feedback...
>
> Thanks!

I've played around with Cisco ITS 2.0. To my understanding Call Manager
Express is ITS 3.0 and has big improvements over 2.0. In 2.0 everything
needed to be uploaded to the router using a TFTP server and than you had
to config the whole thing using IOS cli.

From what I understand this is now done via a web-interface, although
the cli is doable as well. Probably you don't need that manay changes in
the config for such a small site.

--
Arnold

http://www.ligtvoet.org