Velocity Reviews

-   -   a very simple voip setup I would think? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232644-a-very-simple-voip-setup-i-would-think.html)

cyrus 11-24-2003 10:21 PM

a very simple voip setup I would think?

I hope someone can help, I have a remote office that I would like to
connect to our old PBX, I have a Cisco 26xx, if I pick up a VIC-FXO
card, connect it to my switch pots and buy a ata-186 or something like
that, would this accomplish a remote extension? Or do I need VOCAL or
asterisk also in the mix, what software would I need for the Cisco?

Cullen Jennings 12-02-2003 07:43 AM

Re: a very simple voip setup I would think?

You could put a sip load on the ATA and configure it to send the call
straight to the 2600 which could be set up to ring the PBX. You would need a
SIP version of IOS on the 2600 - not sure how much memory you need for this
but check you have enough memory on the 2600. (that has got me before :-)

You don't need a proxy like vocal, ser, or astrix for cases like this.

On 11/24/03 2:21 PM, in article
49008462.0311241421.31df2686@posting.google.com, "cyrus" <cyrus@mtio.net>