Velocity Reviews

-   -   Why Sip? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232642-why-sip.html)

Sandeep Bharihoke 11-24-2003 10:19 AM

Why Sip?

Hughes Software Systems (HSS) invites you to the HSS booth at the Von
Japan show, Tokyo, December 2-3, 2003. Witness the live demo of the
HSS SIP Server Framework (SIP Server) at Booth # 6. The demo will
showcase HSS' SIP Server's Centrex capabilities.
HSS SIP Server is positioned to Telecom Equipment Manufacturers and
Application Developers. It enables them to reduce the cost, time and
risk of developing the end product. The SIP Server offering from HSS,
winner of the Internet Telephony Product of the Year 2002 award, is a
powerful framework that comes in-built with standard SIP
functionalities like Proxy, Registrar, Redirect, B2B UA, and Location
Server.
HSS offers the Voice over Packet (VoP) market cutting edge, best of
breed software solutions. In addition to the investment in
infrastructure and people, HSS has contributed through various
industry forums to the development and acceptance of various protocol
standards. HSS boasts of a robust support infrastructure to ensure
implementation, integration and porting issues are addressed and
ongoing support is available.

HSS offers total outsourcing solutions consisting of products and
services. HSS offers the entire spectrum of Product Design, Sustaining
Engineering and Testing outsourcing services, while the HSS product
portfolio consists of value-added frameworks, infrastructure toolkits
and protocol stacks. HSS' Product Offerings include Softswitch,
Gatekeeper, SIP Server Farmework, SIP User Agent Toolkit , MEGACO
Toolkit and Protocol Stacks such as SIP, MEGACO, MGCP, SIGTRAN, SS7
and more.

At the show, Ajay Gupta, Assistant Vice President-Business
Development, HSS, will share his views on ‘Building Next-Gen
Network-Entry Barriers, Drivers and
Rol of a Service Provider'. His talk will navigate through some of the
key aspects that are driving Telco strategies, and will attempt to
suggest possible strategies
for Telcos and ISPs.

For more Details Visit

http://www.hssworld.com/corporate/events/index.cfm

Email - Info@hssworld.com

Regards,

CM

root/administrator 11-24-2003 03:11 PM

Re: Why Sip?

Does the invitation include free air ticket to/from Japan/US?

--
root/administrator

Miguel Cruz 11-24-2003 08:28 PM

Re: Why Sip?

root/administrator <administrator@dev.null.dnsalias.net> wrote:
> Does the invitation include free air ticket to/from Japan/US?

You're in Atlanta? You can often find a round trip to Japan for not much
more than one to the northwest - maybe $500.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/

Melinda Shore 11-24-2003 08:43 PM

Re: Why Sip?

In article <tRtwb.885$f32.623@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>,
Miguel Cruz <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote:
>You're in Atlanta? You can often find a round trip to Japan for not much
>more than one to the northwest - maybe $500.

Pay to watch somebody's sales pitch? Righto.
--
Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis - shore@panix.com

This is what democracy looks like.

Miguel Cruz 11-25-2003 08:38 AM

Re: Why Sip?

Melinda Shore <shore@panix.com> wrote:
> Miguel Cruz <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote:
>> You're in Atlanta? You can often find a round trip to Japan for not much
>> more than one to the northwest - maybe $500.

> Pay to watch somebody's sales pitch? Righto.

You don't pay just to see the Hughes booth, you pay because you think the
show in general might be of value. Plus it's an excuse to hang out in Japan.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/

Brad Templeton 11-25-2003 09:23 PM

Re: Why Sip?

In article <0yEwb.453$hp.406@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>,
Miguel Cruz <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote:
>Melinda Shore <shore@panix.com> wrote:
>> Miguel Cruz <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote:
>>> You're in Atlanta? You can often find a round trip to Japan for not much
>>> more than one to the northwest - maybe $500.

>> Pay to watch somebody's sales pitch? Righto.

>You don't pay just to see the Hughes booth, you pay because you think the
>show in general might be of value. Plus it's an excuse to hang out in Japan.

Yes, but I think she's trying to say the posting was inappropriate.

Commercial announcements are fine here, but they should only be NEW
PRODUCTS. You can't have a call to visit a trade show booth or the
group would be nothing but invitations to visit trade show booths.

On top of that, it should have been limited to a japanese or asian
distribution. (Except the distribution header has been broken for
a long time, so we would all see it, but at least it would be due to
a bug, not laziness on the poster's part.)

If you have a new voice over IP product you want to tell us about, post
it here. Once. We're interesting in such products. But we only want
news, not advertising. We don't want to hear about marketing events,
or products you've already announced.
--
Tour Greece, Turkey and the Black Sea in my photojournals
http://www.templetons.com/brad/photo/europe/