Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco 186 vs Vista 392 phone (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232580-cisco-186-vs-vista-392-phone.html)

DevilsPGD 10-27-2003 05:02 AM

Cisco 186 vs Vista 392 phone

Okay, this seems really weird to me... And this might not be the place
to ask, but it's a place to start.

I have a Vista 392 phone, a couple telco lines, and a Vonage Cisco 186
ATA, and a small call display related problem. I tend to blame the
Vista 392 phone, but I'm still confused as to how this is possible --
FWIW, on two telco lines, everything works fine.

For some reason, I'm not getting call display on line1 (telco) on the
Vista phone if I hook up the Cisco ATA on line2. As soon as I unhook
the Cisco ATA from line2 on the phone, or connect a landline to line2
then it works.

Additionally, if I hook the Cisco ATA up to the primary line on the
phone, and telco on "line2" then everything works.

I'll probably end up replacing the phone, I'd like to find a good 3/4
line desk phone, but in the mean time, am I missing anything obvious
here?

--
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.