Velocity Reviews

-   -   got my sipphones (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232531-got-my-sipphones.html)

Hugo Drax 10-08-2003 03:14 AM

got my sipphones

Ordered them and got them rather quickly. they sure work as advertized. Plug
it into your network and a few seconds later you get a call back from
sipphones system to verify operations. Phones come with a sticker with your
number and account password. not bad great concept. 129 bucks and you and
your distant relative are yapping for free :) anyhow I wonder how the phone
companies will deal with this? they are going to lose the 30-40 a month in
longdistance calls from us.

root 10-08-2003 03:18 AM

Re: got my sipphones

Hugo Drax wrote:

> Ordered them and got them rather quickly. they sure work as advertized.
> Plug it into your network and a few seconds later you get a call back from
> sipphones system to verify operations. Phones come with a sticker with
> your number and account password. not bad great concept. 129 bucks and you
> and your distant relative are yapping for free :) anyhow I wonder how the
> phone companies will deal with this? they are going to lose the 30-40 a
> month in longdistance calls from us.

Before the VoIP, phone companies had charged tremendous amount for long
distant calls. These days, due to VoIP and most long distant companies have
implemented, they still charge a whoping price. It is true that the
telephone companies will lost money in this business; however, with VoIP
technology, it merely costs the long-distant companies next to nothing to
operate the calls, yet charge a whoping price to cover the losts.

--
root