Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco Call Manager/ Remote Employees (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232517-cisco-call-manager-remote-employees.html)

Ian Wadycki 10-01-2003 05:40 PM

Cisco Call Manager/ Remote Employees

Hello Everyone!

We currently have a VoIP system running at our office. I am looking
for a basic outline of what it would take to extend that funtionality
to some of our remote users.

We are using Cisco CallManager 3.2 and Cisco 7940 Phones. My initial
outline suggests I would have set a rule to allow each users IP
address into our Firewall with access to a Call manager, as well as
set up a router performing NAT at the Users location that points to
the office.

Can anyone elaborate or validate whether this is possible? Ideally, I
want to use our existing configuration without having to goto a third
party such as Vonage.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Ian

Arcaidy 10-01-2003 06:08 PM

Re: Cisco Call Manager/ Remote Employees

I'd suggest using VPN.
Thats what we are using. I have been running a cisco 3002 at home for some
time now. You have some control over qos then. some..
I have had good results. We are in the process of looking into using the
cisco 831's. It gives you better comtrol than the 3002's and is cheaper.
You have to do LAN extension when you use VPN. So you'll need to give a
block of IP's to each user. We use a /30..
Let me know if this helps.
We are also running CCM 3.2.

I can be reached off list at arcaidy at mailcity dot com

news:fc04d5f3.0310010940.2eee09ae@posting.google.c om...