Velocity Reviews

-   -   hardware needed to emulate ISDN signal (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232309-hardware-needed-to-emulate-isdn-signal.html)

Thade 06-29-2003 06:50 PM

hardware needed to emulate ISDN signal

Does anyone have experience using VOIP hardware to generate an input signal
for an ISDN home PBX.

I have an ADSL connection, common ethernet setup with three PC's. The ADSL
connection uses my analog telephone connection to transport ADSL signals, as
is the usual setup.

I also have a Tiptel 810 ISDN PBX, wired to 8 analog extensions. The Tiptel
PBX is not in use at the moment because I canceled the ISDN subscription
when ADSL arrived.

It would be very cool, if I could use two VOIP 'lines' and emulate an ISDN
input signal for my existing Tiptel ISDN PBX.

Any ideas would be much appreciated ...

shope 06-30-2003 06:25 PM

Re: hardware needed to emulate ISDN signal

2nd try with the link this time :)

"shope" <stephen_hope@xx.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> "Thade" <Thade@vandoesburgh.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > Does anyone have experience using VOIP hardware to generate an input

> signal
> > for an ISDN home PBX.
> >
> > I have an ADSL connection, common ethernet setup with three PC's. The

ADSL
> > connection uses my analog telephone connection to transport ADSL

signals,
> as
> > is the usual setup.
> >
> > I also have a Tiptel 810 ISDN PBX, wired to 8 analog extensions. The

> Tiptel
> > PBX is not in use at the moment because I canceled the ISDN subscription
> > when ADSL arrived.
> >
> > It would be very cool, if I could use two VOIP 'lines' and emulate an

ISDN
> > input signal for my existing Tiptel ISDN PBX.

> one option for a Cisco voip router is to support an ISDN voice interface -
> not sure if it would match your pbx though. You would need to use a 1751

or

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800eab2e.html

--
Regards