Velocity Reviews

-   -   Asterisk semi-success story: cheap FXO gateway (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232297-asterisk-semi-success-story-cheap-fxo-gateway.html)

Peter 06-26-2003 06:34 AM

Asterisk semi-success story: cheap FXO gateway

For anyone who has asked about _cheap_ FXO gateway, I got Asterisk up and
running with 2 FXO lines for ~20$, using BT Speedway ISDN card bought on
eBay. Of course you have to have ISDN line for this to work, and it is S/T
bus not U. Not sure how it is in US but in Europe NT1 boxes supplied by
telco will have S/T connections.

I'm still faced with multitude of small quirks to solve, like how to provide
ringing indication to SIP caller when the call goes out via ISDN, but
everything in due time...

Peter

Jeremy McNamara 06-26-2003 07:08 PM

Re: Asterisk semi-success story: cheap FXO gateway

Peter wrote:
> I'm still faced with multitude of small quirks to solve, like how to provide
> ringing indication to SIP caller when the call goes out via ISDN, but
> everything in due time...

Try adding a |r to the end of your exten line.

E.G. exten => 1234,1,Dial,SIP/user@host.tld||r
E.G. with timeout: exten => 1234,1,Dial,SIP/user@host.tld|20|r

Jeremy McNamara

Kyler Laird 06-27-2003 11:38 AM

"Peter" <pzeltins@bigfoot.com> writes:

>For anyone who has asked about _cheap_ FXO gateway, I got Asterisk up and
>running with 2 FXO lines for ~20$, using BT Speedway ISDN card bought on
>eBay.

Great! I appreciate the report. I've been wanting to do the same.

Now if I could just find where to buy some of these things in the USA...

--kyler

Peter 06-27-2003 12:11 PM

Re: Asterisk semi-success story: cheap FXO gateway

> >For anyone who has asked about _cheap_ FXO gateway, I got Asterisk up and
> >running with 2 FXO lines for ~20$, using BT Speedway ISDN card bought on
> >eBay.

> Great! I appreciate the report. I've been wanting to do the same.
>
> Now if I could just find where to buy some of these things in the USA...

BT Speedway card is sold by UK sellers, and most will ship to US. Check your
ISDN NT1 box first to ensure it has S/T bus connectors... one possible
alternative is US Sportster internal ISDN TA which as U bus.

Peter

Party Girl 07-08-2003 10:48 AM

"Peter" <pzeltins@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<bdhcf7$sbq1u$1@ID-97500.news.dfncis.de>...
> > >For anyone who has asked about _cheap_ FXO gateway, I got Asterisk up and
> > >running with 2 FXO lines for ~20$, using BT Speedway ISDN card bought on
> > >eBay.

> > Great! I appreciate the report. I've been wanting to do the same.
> >
> > Now if I could just find where to buy some of these things in the USA...

> BT Speedway card is sold by UK sellers, and most will ship to US. Check your
> ISDN NT1 box first to ensure it has S/T bus connectors... one possible
> alternative is US Sportster internal ISDN TA which as U bus.
>
> Peter

The BT Speedway card is a re-badged AVM Fritz! card.
Look here for details and dealers; http://www.avm.de

HTH

-- The PG --