Velocity Reviews

-   -   scratched xp cdrom (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t232113-scratched-xp-cdrom.html)

tomas 10-24-2005 12:29 PM

scratched xp cdrom

Hello,
an I rebuild my xp disk in some way. I can tell what files I need from the
failed install. Can I get those files and make a new cd. I should have
backed it up but I tought well, I didn't really oops

gordon 10-24-2005 12:50 PM

Re: scratched xp cdrom

tomas wrote:
> Hello,
> an I rebuild my xp disk in some way. I can tell what files I need from the
> failed install. Can I get those files and make a new cd. I should have
> backed it up but I tought well, I didn't really oops

Try cleaning it with toothpaste.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10, Pan, Evolution and Firefox

Kenny 10-24-2005 03:33 PM

Re: scratched xp cdrom

Or Brasso and a soft cloth, work from the middle out towards the edge, not
in circles.
--
Kenny Cargill

SgtMinor 10-24-2005 04:08 PM

Re: scratched xp cdrom

tomas wrote:
> Hello,
> an I rebuild my xp disk in some way. I can tell what files I need from the
> failed install. Can I get those files and make a new cd. I should have
> backed it up but I tought well, I didn't really oops

PC Magazine just did a review of some disc repair kits:

Dan Evans 10-24-2005 06:14 PM

Re: scratched xp cdrom

"tomas" <tomas@linux.site> wrote in message
> Hello,
> an I rebuild my xp disk in some way.

"Home" remedies are OK, but first go to your local DVD/Video rental store
and ask them if they can restore the surface, just think how often they get
the discs scratched. There is proper polishing machinery that they use, and
it tends to do a better job. They may charge, but whats a few $currency
compared to buying new install media from MS.

Dan