Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wheres the IE Information Bar (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t231991-wheres-the-ie-information-bar.html)

Franco 10-22-2005 03:24 PM

Wheres the IE Information Bar

I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information bar located
just below the address bar....not on mine, any ideas how to access this bar?

Regards

Franco
--
"Do you like Kipling?"
"I don't know, I've never Kippled"

Tony 10-22-2005 03:32 PM

Re: Wheres the IE Information Bar

"Franco" <wildfrank@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1Rs6f.165109$RW.53443@fe2.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
> I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information bar
> located just below the address bar....not on mine, any ideas how to access
> this bar?
>

> Regards
>
> Franco

Do you have SP2 installed on XP? It is a yellow bar that appears across the
top of the view window to give info about pop ups its stopped or active X
files that are trying to install. If you don't have SP2, you probably
haven't got it.

Geoff Pearson 10-22-2005 04:01 PM

Re: Wheres the IE Information Bar

"Franco" <wildfrank@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1Rs6f.165109$RW.53443@fe2.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
> I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information bar
> located just below the address bar....not on mine, any ideas how to access
> this bar?
>

> Regards
>
> Franco
> --
> "Do you like Kipling?"
> "I don't know, I've never Kippled"

I think it appears only when you have a popup or want to download something.
I do see it - but it is not present at the moment.

Dave Lear 10-22-2005 06:00 PM

"Franco" wrote in message
news:1Rs6f.165109$RW.53443@fe2.news.blueyonder.co. uk

> I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information bar
> located just below the address bar....not on mine, any ideas
> how to access this bar?

Only available under Windows XP with Service Pack 2 applied...

Use the Internet Explorer Information Bar
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...2_infobar.mspx

Block Pop-up Windows with Internet Explorer
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...upblocker.mspx

Dave Lear 10-22-2005 06:01 PM

"Franco" wrote in message
news:1Rs6f.165109$RW.53443@fe2.news.blueyonder.co. uk

> I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information
> bar located just below the address bar....not on mine, any
> ideas how to access this bar?

Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843017

Franco 10-22-2005 06:56 PM

Re: Wheres the IE Information Bar

The trouble is, I get the same thing telling me to install the activeX
control when I try to install SP2, so I have reached a bit of an impasse at
the moment.

Regards

Franco

Dave Lear 10-22-2005 07:02 PM

"Franco" wrote in message
news:SXv6f.38619$MF6.19423@fe1.news.blueyonder.co. uk

>>> I'm just on a web site that says right-click the IE Information bar
>>> located just below the address bar....not on mine, any ideas how
>>> to access this bar?

>> Do you have SP2 installed on XP? It is a yellow bar that appears
>> across the top of the view window to give info about pop ups its
>> stopped or active X files that are trying to install. If you don't have
>> SP2, you probably haven't got it.

> The trouble is, I get the same thing telling me to install the activeX
> control when I try to install SP2, so I have reached a bit of an impasse
> at the moment.

There's no pop-up on this WinXP SP2 download page...

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
and Developers