Velocity Reviews

-   -   Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 Graphics (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t231073-intel-graphics-media-accelerator-900-graphics.html)

Harvey Gratt 10-08-2005 08:07 PM

I'm planning on getting a Fujitsu notebook shortly and have an offbeat
request for any laptop owner whose machine utilizes the Intel Graphics
Media Accelerator 900 graphics.

There is a neat free program offered by google called google earth
(free) which allows one to fly over the world and and view streaming
data obtained from collected satellite images (non-real time).

I would like to know if the Intel integrated graphics can handle this -
especially the 3D view of major U.S. cites (i.e., New York). One way to
access the software is via:

www.picasa.com (a neat picture cataloging software). This site has a
link to the google site which has some free software.

or directly via

http://www.google.com/downloads/

Thanks,
Harvey

Trax 10-08-2005 08:22 PM

Re: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 Graphics

Harvey Gratt <hgratt@verizon.net> wrote:

|>I'm planning on getting a Fujitsu notebook shortly and have an offbeat
|>request for any laptop owner whose machine utilizes the Intel Graphics
|>Media Accelerator 900 graphics.
|>
|>There is a neat free program offered by google called google earth
|>(free) which allows one to fly over the world and and view streaming
|>data obtained from collected satellite images (non-real time).
|>
|>I would like to know if the Intel integrated graphics can handle this -
|>especially the 3D view of major U.S. cites (i.e., New York).

I have the Intel GMA 900 3D Accelerator, It plays Doom3, google
earth is no problem.

--
First the Tsunami, then the hurricane's, now the Asian Earthquake
God just doesn't like Bush.

Harvey Gratt 10-08-2005 08:46 PM

Trax wrote:

> Harvey Gratt <hgratt@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> |>I'm planning on getting a Fujitsu notebook shortly and have an offbeat
> |>request for any laptop owner whose machine utilizes the Intel Graphics
> |>Media Accelerator 900 graphics.
> |>
> |>There is a neat free program offered by google called google earth
> |>(free) which allows one to fly over the world and and view streaming
> |>data obtained from collected satellite images (non-real time).
> |>
> |>I would like to know if the Intel integrated graphics can handle this -
> |>especially the 3D view of major U.S. cites (i.e., New York).
>
> I have the Intel GMA 900 3D Accelerator, It plays Doom3, google
> earth is no problem.

Thanks.

Harvey

pcbutts1 10-09-2005 02:40 AM