Velocity Reviews

-   -   oldest laptop owners (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t230852-oldest-laptop-owners.html)

Toolman Tim 10-04-2005 12:19 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

dennis wrote:
> I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
> scared....

You should be scared...the clock police are gonna be *all* over you <g>

Martik 10-04-2005 01:01 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

It should have read "Owners of oldest laptops"

trout 10-04-2005 01:45 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

Toolman Tim wrote:

> dennis wrote:
>> I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
>> scared....

> You should be scared...the clock police are gonna be *all* over you
> <g>

Maybe he's just too fat to *see* his lap. Or his clock.
--
I said "clock".

Toolman Tim 10-04-2005 01:48 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

trout wrote:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>> dennis wrote:
>>> I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win?
>>> I'm scared....

>> You should be scared...the clock police are gonna be *all* over you
>> <g>

> Maybe he's just too fat to *see* his lap. Or his clock.

Hee hee hee!!! Had to read that twice to check <g>

Evan Platt 10-04-2005 03:39 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dennis"
<johnnyalkyseed4@videotron.ca> wrote:

>I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
>scared....

Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?

Blinky the Shark 10-04-2005 04:15 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

Martik wrote:

> It should have read "Owners of oldest laptops"

It's not nearly as much fun that way. :)

I have a believed-to-be-1997 UMAX laptop. Yeah, they make scanners, not
laptops. Since they made this one, at least. :)

It's named Wheezer. 128 rompin' stompin' MB of RAM and a light-speed
400MHz AMD K6-2 CPU.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Blinky the Shark 10-04-2005 04:16 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dennis"
><johnnyalkyseed4@videotron.ca> wrote:
>
>>I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
>>scared....

> Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
> has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?

Yes. And we've been doing so since last week. Catch up, Evan. ;)

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Fred 10-04-2005 04:41 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dennis"
> <johnnyalkyseed4@videotron.ca> wrote:
>
>>I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
>>scared....

> Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
> has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?
> --

Do you mean are we talking about the oldest-laptop owner, or the oldest
laptop-owner?

Martik 10-04-2005 05:12 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

"Fred" <notme@parachute.net.uk> wrote in message

> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:19:02 -0400, "dennis"
>> <johnnyalkyseed4@videotron.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm so old I don't have a lap any more.Does this count? Do I win? I'm
>>>scared....

>> Define 'oldest laptop owner' - are we talking a 104 year old guy who
>> has a Dell Inspiron 6000, or a teenager who has a 12 year old laptop?
>> --

> Do you mean are we talking about the oldest-laptop owner, or the oldest
> laptop-owner?

Regardless of age who has the oldest laptop that is still working?

I have a Compaq SLT /286 12mhz with 1.6mb ram, 40mb HD running Windows 3.1.
It weights approx 12 lbs and sold for $7000CAD around 1989.

Martik 10-04-2005 05:58 AM

Re: oldest laptop owners

"Blinky the Shark" <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote in message
news:slrndk40fs.2i7.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net ...
> Martik wrote:
>
>> It should have read "Owners of oldest laptops"

> It's not nearly as much fun that way. :)

Yes, you all got alot of mileage from my poor grammer!