Velocity Reviews

-   -   [OT] Troops in Afghanistan. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t230781-ot-troops-in-afghanistan.html)

Sarah 10-02-2005 12:14 PM

[OT] Troops in Afghanistan.

From
http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/stor...al/1472836.inp
"The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this year in
the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile fire."

So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?
Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

why? 10-02-2005 12:37 PM

Re: [OT] Troops in Afghanistan.

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 21:44:45 +0930, Sarah wrote:

>From
>http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/stor...al/1472836.inp
>"The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this year in
>the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile fire."
>
>So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?

Did the article forget to count trainning accidents, happens all the
time.

>Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

So that would be those whose country was invaded or those that invaded?

Me

Bill 10-02-2005 02:03 PM

Re: [OT] Troops in Afghanistan.

"Sarah" <a@b.c> wrote in message
news:433fcf35$0$21734$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
> From
> http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/stor...al/1472836.inp
> "The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this year
> in the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile
> fire."
>
> So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?
> Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

UK troops must sometimes wonder who the bad guys are when they are killed by
American friendly fire.

Bill

Redman 10-02-2005 04:10 PM

Re: [OT] Troops in Afghanistan.

http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/stor...tional/1472836.
inp
> > "The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this

year
> > in the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile
> > fire."
> >
> > So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?
> > Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

> UK troops must sometimes wonder who the bad guys are when they are killed

by
> American friendly fire.
>
> Bill

Was based at Greenham Common years back and we were always told if you heard
a weapon being cocked you hit the dirt. Reason, well the Yanks as we all
know are a bit gung ho and they tended to shoot first and ask questions
later. Not that I experienced it personally but I have a few mates that did.

Redman

Luke O'Malley 10-02-2005 04:29 PM

Re: [OT] Troops in Afghanistan.

In article i0lvj15ipe89h3uaj8u8bi4oa8kq644ev2@4ax.com,
why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> said:
-->
-->
-->
-->>http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/stor...4/internationa
-->l/1472836.inp
-->>"The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed
-->this year in
-->>the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in
-->hostile fire."
-->>
-->>So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this
-->year?
-->
-->Did the article forget to count trainning accidents, happens all
-->the
-->time.
-->
-->>Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.
-->
-->So that would be those whose country was invaded or those that
-->invaded?
-->
-->Me
-->
-->
-->

Yeah! Bring back the 'real' government we overthrew.

Goodwill,
Luke

Ron Martell 10-02-2005 05:36 PM

Re: [OT] Troops in Afghanistan.

"Sarah" <a@b.c> wrote:

>From
>http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/stor...al/1472836.inp
>"The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this year in
>the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile fire."
>
>So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?
>Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

Their have been a number who were killed in accidents not related to
hostile fire, including a few aircraft crashes.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service