Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t230329-re-norton-antivirus-2005-will-not-scan-in-normal-mode-but-will-in-safe-mode.html)

Vic 09-23-2005 04:50 PM

Re: Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode

Yes, At this time it does not detect any problems with the current install
of Norton Antivirus.
Any other ideas?

And I am seriously considering going with a different program I would
already if I could resell the copy I have and of coarse you can't take
opened software back to the store especially since it did work for about two
weeks.

Vic

"SgtMinor" <Sarge@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in message
> Vic wrote:
> > I have a Windows XP Home with Service pack 2. Norton Antivirus 2005 that

was
> > install on 9-7. It ran fine until a couple of days ago I received an

error
> > message from Notron that said that it had an internal program error and

that
> > I needed to uninstall and reinstall to correct this problem. OK, so I

tried
> > to uninstalled using the Add / Remove Programs in the Control Panel and

then
> > said I needed to reboot the computer. Uninstalled seemed to work as it

was
> > gone from the Add / Remove programs. I tried to reinstall and the setup
> > program stated that there was already a newer version of Norton

AntiVirus
> > installed and I would have to remove it before I could install this one.
> > Well I read through the support from Symantec and bacically I ran the

SymNRT
> > program that there was some left over registry entries and that was what

was
> > causing my problem. OK, downloaded the program, ran it rebooted and then

my
> > Norton AntiVirus installed normally. It however did not ask for my

product
> > key code and it still used the renewal date of the 9-7 when I had first
> > installed.
> >
> > After all that now comes my current problem. It won't run a full system

scan
> > in normal mode. I can run a scan in Safe mode but not in Normal mode. I
> > followed the instructions at symantec for performing a clean boot and

there
> > is absolutly nothing else loaded at the moment and it still will not

scan. I
> > have tried uninstalling and reinstalling again using the Add / Remove
> > programs and my CD and still got the same result. I have no trouble

running
> > Live Update and it is as current as I can make it. My install of Windows

is
> > as current as I can make it as I ran the Windows Update to make sure.

The
> > auto protect seems to be working fine. I just can run a full system

scan. I
> > have used the Microsoft AntiSpyware, Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06, Spybot
> > Search and Destroy 1.4 and all found a couple but nothing to write home
> > about. I ran a virus check from www.sarc.com and

housecall.trendmicro.com
> > and both came back negative. I have always used Norton AntiVirus I have
> > never had any other Antivirus programs.
> >
> > I really am at a loss since none of the relevant articles that I can

find

http://symantec.atgnow.com/consumer/...sultType=5000#