Velocity Reviews

-   -   Shut Down Windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t230034-shut-down-windows.html)

Diofantos Kontos 09-17-2005 02:41 PM

Shut Down Windows

I hope some one can help me with this problem:

My computer which runs on WinXP Home, started popping the "Shut Down
Windows" window by itself in the middle of any program I am running. Is it
infected with a virus, if so can any one help me by suggesting a course of
action

Thanks a lot

philo 09-17-2005 03:25 PM

Re: Shut Down Windows

"Diofantos Kontos" <dg.kontos@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I hope some one can help me with this problem:
>
> My computer which runs on WinXP Home, started popping the "Shut Down
> Windows" window by itself in the middle of any program I am running. Is it
> infected with a virus,

<snip>
run your virus checker and find out

JP 09-17-2005 10:26 PM

Re: Shut Down Windows

http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layout.aspx?ID={fe139007-b1fb-4cea-8f12-34a5008414da}&CatID={45712ef7-9ce7-49f4-aa10-afb4bffc8174}

does that sound like what you've got?

Diofantos Kontos 09-18-2005 06:46 PM

Re: Shut Down Windows

Hi JP,

Thanks for the reply. No the "Shut down window" I mention is the normal one
that we get when we press the "shut down" button from the start button.
I run Spybot - search & repair, Ad-Aware, Norton's online Virus detection,
but nothing came up.
Any other programs to run?