Velocity Reviews

-   -   copy soundtrack pc game (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t229421-copy-soundtrack-pc-game.html)

bigredfred 09-04-2005 07:14 PM

copy soundtrack pc game

Is there any way I can copy a soundtrack file off a PC game and if so do I
need some type of software.

Thanks.

Mitch 09-04-2005 10:28 PM

Re: copy soundtrack pc game

In article <pIHSe.11777$hv5.2660@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk> , bigredfred
<nospamwhatsoever@bigredfred.com> wrote:

> Is there any way I can copy a soundtrack file off a PC game and if so do I
> need some type of software.
>
> Thanks.

Yes, it's easy to rip sounds files out of applications and many kinds
of data files.
I expect many games today pack the data files in a ay that would make
some sounds unidentifiable to such tools, but I don't think there is
anything you can look for. You can only try it.
I had one once that I could just drop files onto and it would create a
folder full of the audio it could find. Then I made some of the short
ones system action sounds. Warcraft II sounds worked nicely.