Velocity Reviews

-   -   Numbering in MicroSoft Word? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t229193-numbering-in-microsoft-word.html)

2004 08-31-2005 10:46 PM

Numbering in MicroSoft Word?

Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program over to
Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master copy of all the
documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to establish a running set
of page numbers Microsoft Word.

In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying the docs
over to Microsoft Word.

What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just won't
work.

I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.

thanks, perila

Toolman Tim 08-31-2005 11:13 PM

Re: Numbering in MicroSoft Word?

2004 wrote:
> Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program
> over to Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master
> copy of all the documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to
> establish a running set of page numbers Microsoft Word.
>
> In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying
> the docs over to Microsoft Word.
>
> What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just
> won't work.
>
> I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.
>
> thanks, perila

Like clicking on "Insert" on the menu, and clicking "Page numbers"? Or are
you not explaining the problem coherently?

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

2004 08-31-2005 11:32 PM

"Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
> 2004 wrote:
>> Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program
>> over to Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master
>> copy of all the documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to
>> establish a running set of page numbers Microsoft Word.
>>
>> In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying
>> the docs over to Microsoft Word.
>>
>> What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just
>> won't work.
>>
>> I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.
>>
>> thanks, perila

> Like clicking on "Insert" on the menu, and clicking "Page numbers"? Or are
> you not explaining the problem coherently?
>
> --
> Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Hi - thanks for responding - you're right - I was incoherent - I did click
'insert' on the menu and chose page numbering - but the pages numbers
showed only on pages 1 to 3.

I also tried numbering pages in Headers - and didn't have success there
either.

Toolman Tim 08-31-2005 11:49 PM

2004 wrote:
> "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
>> 2004 wrote:
>>> Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program
>>> over to Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master
>>> copy of all the documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to
>>> establish a running set of page numbers Microsoft Word.
>>>
>>> In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying
>>> the docs over to Microsoft Word.
>>>
>>> What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just
>>> won't work.
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.
>>>
>>> thanks, perila

>> Like clicking on "Insert" on the menu, and clicking "Page numbers"?
>> Or are you not explaining the problem coherently?
>>
>> --
>> Indecision is the key to flexibility.

> Hi - thanks for responding - you're right - I was incoherent - I did
> click 'insert' on the menu and chose page numbering - but the pages
> numbers showed only on pages 1 to 3.
>
> I also tried numbering pages in Headers - and didn't have success
> there either.

Okay - I don't use Word much, but in my DTP program sometimes a page has
retained settings from a previous layout. Perhaps you could try selecting
all the pages (ctrl-home, hold down shift, ctrl-end) and then try the insert
page number again.

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Geoff Pearson 09-01-2005 07:23 AM

"2004" <perila@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
>> 2004 wrote:
>>> Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program
>>> over to Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master
>>> copy of all the documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to
>>> establish a running set of page numbers Microsoft Word.
>>>
>>> In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying
>>> the docs over to Microsoft Word.
>>>
>>> What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just
>>> won't work.
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.
>>>
>>> thanks, perila

>> Like clicking on "Insert" on the menu, and clicking "Page numbers"? Or
>> are you not explaining the problem coherently?
>>
>> --
>> Indecision is the key to flexibility.

> Hi - thanks for responding - you're right - I was incoherent - I did click
> 'insert' on the menu and chose page numbering - but the pages numbers
> showed only on pages 1 to 3.
>
> I also tried numbering pages in Headers - and didn't have success there
> either.

You have a section break - and numbering needs to be set for each section.
View/headers and footers and then look at icon for "same as previous."

2004 09-01-2005 05:21 PM

Re: Numbering in MicroSoft Word?

Thanks - It worked beautifully -
no more headaches trying to figure it out.

You guys are so terrific ....