Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t229180-outlook-express-6-send-mail-problem.html)

Luke O'Malley 08-31-2005 04:59 PM

Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
line.

Please help!

Goodwill,
Luke

Goodwill,
Luke



Duane Arnold 08-31-2005 05:16 PM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
Luke O'Malley <lukeomalley@optonline.net> wrote in news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
@fe11.lga:

> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
> line.
>
> Please help!
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke
>
>
>


What is the exact error message?

Duane :)

Mike Easter 08-31-2005 07:11 PM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
Luke O'Malley wrote:
> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
> line.


If you are traveling you have to do things differently
http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail program
such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the following
problems when traveling."

Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.

--
Mike Easter


johnny o 09-01-2005 12:56 AM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 

"Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote in message
news:431600de$0$34319$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfr eenews.net...
> Luke O'Malley wrote:
>> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
>> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
>> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
>> line.

>
> If you are traveling you have to do things differently
> http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail program
> such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the following
> problems when traveling."
>
> Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.
>
> --
> Mike Easter


that was cool
johnny


Luke O'Malley 09-01-2005 11:36 PM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com> said:
-->
-->
-->Luke O'Malley <lukeomalley@optonline.net> wrote in
-->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
-->@fe11.lga:
-->
-->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
-->and
-->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
-->msg
-->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
-->off
-->> line.
-->>
-->> Please help!
-->>
-->> Goodwill,
-->> Luke
-->>
-->> Goodwill,
-->> Luke
-->>
-->>
-->>
-->
-->What is the exact error message?
-->
-->Duane :)
-->
-->
-->

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server:
'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Goodwill,
Luke



Luke O'Malley 09-01-2005 11:39 PM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
In article 431600de$0$34319$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenew s.net,
"Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> said:
-->
-->
-->Luke O'Malley wrote:
-->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
-->and
-->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
-->msg
-->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
-->off
-->> line.
-->
-->If you are traveling you have to do things differently
-->http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail
-->program
-->such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the
-->following
-->problems when traveling."
-->
-->Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.
-->
-->--
-->Mike Easter
-->
-->
-->
-->

Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.


Goodwill,
Luke



Mike Easter 09-02-2005 12:21 AM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
Luke O'Malley wrote:
> "Mike Easter"


> -->If you are traveling you have to do things differently


> Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.


In that case, first check system status here

http://www.optonline.net/Registratio...ServiceStatus2

Then go to the OE configuration tool

http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Ar...icle%3D2366081

Which I think is a stupid way to get OE configured, by allowing a
provider's tool to modify your registry, instead of just providing you
with the information necessary to setup an account properly. If you
don't like that, you will have to talk to them on the 'phone.

Bad support configuration there. Screenshots would be much wiser.

--
Mike Easter


Duane Arnold 09-02-2005 12:57 AM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
Luke O'Malley <lukeomalley@optonline.net> wrote in news:6gMRe.5692
$OT1.501@fe09.lga:

> In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
> Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com> said:
> -->
> -->
> -->Luke O'Malley <lukeomalley@optonline.net> wrote in
> -->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
> -->@fe11.lga:
> -->
> -->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
> -->and
> -->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
> -->msg
> -->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
> -->off
> -->> line.
> -->>
> -->> Please help!
> -->>
> -->> Goodwill,
> -->> Luke
> -->>
> -->> Goodwill,
> -->> Luke
> -->>
> -->>
> -->>
> -->
> -->What is the exact error message?
> -->
> -->Duane :)
> -->
> -->
> -->
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
> period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server:
> 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
>


http://members.connectto.net/email/o...0x800CCC0E.htm

You can test your Internet mail connection with Telnet.

telnet mail.optonline.net 25

It should comeback with 220 message.

telnet mail.optonline.net 110

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;187785

You can enter QUIT to exit Telnet

Have you contacted your ISP about the situation?

Maybe you're having some kind of authentication issue.


Duane :)

Luke O'Malley 09-02-2005 03:45 PM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
In article Xns96C4CAFFED3C6notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17,
Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com> said:
-->
-->Luke O'Malley <lukeomalley@optonline.net> wrote in news:6gMRe.5692
-->$OT1.501@fe09.lga:
-->
-->> In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
-->> Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com> said:
-->> -->
-->> -->
-->> -->Luke O'Malley <lukeomalley@optonline.net> wrote in
-->> -->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
-->> -->@fe11.lga:
-->> -->
-->> -->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for
-->sending
-->> -->and
-->> -->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I
-->get a
-->> -->msg
-->> -->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has
-->gone
-->> -->off
-->> -->> line.
-->> -->>
-->> -->> Please help!
-->> -->>
-->> -->> Goodwill,
-->> -->> Luke
-->> -->>
-->> -->> Goodwill,
-->> -->> Luke
-->> -->>
-->> -->>
-->> -->>
-->> -->
-->> -->What is the exact error message?
-->> -->
-->> -->Duane :)
-->> -->
-->> -->
-->> -->
-->>
-->> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
-->> causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a
-->long
-->> period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server:
-->> 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
-->> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
-->>
-->
-->http://members.connectto.net/email/o...0x800CCC0E.htm
-->
-->You can test your Internet mail connection with Telnet.
-->
-->telnet mail.optonline.net 25
-->
-->It should comeback with 220 message.
-->
-->telnet mail.optonline.net 110
-->
-->http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;187785
-->
-->You can enter QUIT to exit Telnet
-->
-->Have you contacted your ISP about the situation?
-->
-->Maybe you're having some kind of authentication issue.
-->
-->
-->Duane :)
-->
-->

Thanks, I will follow your suggestins.

Goodwill,
Luke



Luke O'Malley 09-02-2005 03:47 PM

Re: Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)
 
In article 43179af4$0$29898$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenew s.net,
"Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> said:
-->
-->Luke O'Malley wrote:
-->> "Mike Easter"
-->
-->> -->If you are traveling you have to do things differently
-->
-->> Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.
-->
-->In that case, first check system status here
-->
-->http://www.optonline.net/Registratio...iceStatus2&dom
-->ain=%2FServiceStatus2
-->
-->Then go to the OE configuration tool
-->
-->http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Ar...reg%26channel%
-->3D68%26article%3D2366081
-->
-->Which I think is a stupid way to get OE configured, by allowing a
-->provider's tool to modify your registry, instead of just
-->providing you
-->with the information necessary to setup an account properly. If
-->you
-->don't like that, you will have to talk to them on the 'phone.
-->
-->Bad support configuration there. Screenshots would be much wiser.
-->
-->--
-->Mike Easter
-->
-->
-->

Thanks, for the suggestions, I will follow up.

Goodwill,
Luke




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.