Velocity Reviews

-   -   Jumpy mouse icon... then locks up? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t229027-jumpy-mouse-icon-then-locks-up.html)

crb 08-28-2005 06:08 PM

Jumpy mouse icon... then locks up?

I have win98. my mouse icon suddenly jumps from one part of the screen and
sometimes clicks stuff open.
Many times it just locks everything up and I have to reboot.

What do I do?

old jon 08-28-2005 06:27 PM

Re: Jumpy mouse icon... then locks up?

"crb" <anon@net.com> wrote in message news:desuc702jgf@enews2.newsguy.com...
>I have win98. my mouse icon suddenly jumps from one part of the screen and
> sometimes clicks stuff open.
> Many times it just locks everything up and I have to reboot.
>
> What do I do?

1. clean your mouse thoroughly.
2. delete the mouse in Device Manager, restart computer to let Win.
reinstall the driver,or
3. Buy a new mouse.
bw..OJ

ellis_jay 08-30-2005 01:49 PM

old jon wrote:
> "crb" <anon@net.com> wrote in message
>> I have win98. my mouse icon suddenly jumps from one part of the
>> screen and sometimes clicks stuff open.
>> Many times it just locks everything up and I have to reboot.
>>
>> What do I do?
>>

> 1. clean your mouse thoroughly.
> 2. delete the mouse in Device Manager, restart computer to let Win.
> reinstall the driver,or
> 3. Buy a new mouse.
> bw..OJ

Buy a new one..........