Velocity Reviews

-   -   sort windows xp start menu (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t228889-sort-windows-xp-start-menu.html)

Rover 08-26-2005 12:33 AM

sort windows xp start menu

I'm running winXP Pro with the Start Menu in "Start Menu" not "Classic
Start Menu".

How do I get winXP to sort the menu items?

I can do this if I'm displaying "Classic Start menu"... But that
doesn't work for the "Start Menu" display

Jimmy Dean 08-27-2005 01:41 AM

Re: sort windows xp start menu

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:33:53 -0400, Rover
<rover44614@RemoveThisStuffNetscape.net> wrote:

>I'm running winXP Pro with the Start Menu in "Start Menu" not "Classic
>Start Menu".
>
>How do I get winXP to sort the menu items?
>
>I can do this if I'm displaying "Classic Start menu"... But that
>doesn't work for the "Start Menu" display

The "intelligent" Start Menu is a pain-in-the-ass. It has a mind of
its own and tends to be not easily configurable. Unless you only have
a "few" items (say 10 or less) on the Start Menu, I would strongly
recommend you use the Classic Start Menu (as I do).

jd