Velocity Reviews

-   -   Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t228833-question.html)

Roy Newman-Smith 08-24-2005 06:53 PM

Question

I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed by
a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
Is there any site where this could be done?
I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this guy
but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

philo 08-24-2005 07:05 PM

Re: Question

> I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed

by
> a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
> that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
> Is there any site where this could be done?
> I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this

guy
> but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

First off... I find it hard to believe that anyone who is 77 years old and
full of experience...
could have gotten scammed for $80K.

However...n the odd chance that it could really be true...
here is how to get your money back...
One of my friends did this and I am serious...it's absolutely true.

A friend of mine...though an artist and a sculptor...earns his living by
repairing
some of the older masions in this town. He works for people with a lot of
money...
and a few years back did a major chimney job.
Since the home owner lived in such an expensive house...my buddy figured
there'd be no problem with payment.
The rich S.O.B never paid him the $7500 he owned...and kept making excuses.

One day my buddy got sick and tired of it all and jumped in his pickup truck
and drove it across the guy's extensive expanse of lawn...and took his
truck right up to the front door...
Beat his fists against the door.....and when the owner came out...simply
yelled at him:

'll take my payment now!

"The guy wrote him a check on the spot...
and it did not bounce!

I did something similar once but quite a bit dramatic...and it worked too.

Go for it...even if you need to buy a pickup truck!!!

philo 08-24-2005 07:08 PM

Re: Question

TYPO CORRECTED

> I did something similar once but quite a bit LESS dramatic...and it worked

too.

Mike Easter 08-24-2005 07:14 PM

Re: Question

Roy Newman-Smith wrote:
> I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00
> scammed by a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to
> publicize his name so that other people in this locality do not get
> scammed as I was.

I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on the internet or TV.

Before you go very far down that road, you should familiarize yourself
with your community's libel, slander, and defamation laws. Here's the
first site I came across
http://www.canadianlawsite.com/personalinjuryNS.html Slander, Libel and
Defamation of
Character

That's a site where a person can find a personal injury lawyer in Nova
Scotia to take up a case for libel/slander/defamation

> Is there any site where this could be done?

It wouldn't cost very much to setup a webpage to express something.

> I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against
> this guy but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a
> lawyer

If you got a judgment then whatever process or attorney was used to
obtain that judgment has additional information about how to collect on
judgments. Just getting a judgment isn't enough to recover, which is
often the more difficult part of the process. Surely there was some
advice about recovery or collecting when you set out to get the
judgment.

--
Mike Easter

philo 08-24-2005 07:32 PM

Re: Question

<snip>

> If you got a judgment then whatever process or attorney was used to
> obtain that judgment has additional information about how to collect on
> judgments. Just getting a judgment isn't enough to recover, which is
> often the more difficult part of the process. Surely there was some
> advice about recovery or collecting when you set out to get the
> judgment.

Unquestionably better and saner advise than I had given above...
however a pickup truck would prob.be a lot cheaper than a lawyer !

trout 08-24-2005 07:54 PM

Re: Question

Roy Newman-Smith wrote:

> I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00
> scammed by a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to
> publicize his name so that other people in this locality do not get
> scammed as I was.
> Is there any site where this could be done?
> I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against
> this guy but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a
> lawyer

Check your newsgroup list and inquire about this in groups more
local to you. You could start with 'general interest' groups like
hfx.general, and ns.general.
Or. possibly, something like can.legal.
Just be prepared to wade through a lot of crap.
--
Like most newsgroups.

Harrison 08-24-2005 07:55 PM

Re: Question

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:53:17 GMT, "Roy Newman-Smith" <royston52@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed by
>a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
>that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
>Is there any site where this could be done?
>I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this guy
>but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

Can you afford a hit man?

Harrison 08-24-2005 07:57 PM

Re: Question

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:05:11 -0500, "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote:

>> I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed

>by
>> a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
>> that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
>> Is there any site where this could be done?
>> I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this

>guy
>> but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer
>>

>First off... I find it hard to believe that anyone who is 77 years old and
>full of experience...
>could have gotten scammed for $80K.
>
>However...n the odd chance that it could really be true...
>here is how to get your money back...
>One of my friends did this and I am serious...it's absolutely true.
>
>A friend of mine...though an artist and a sculptor...earns his living by
>repairing
>some of the older masions in this town. He works for people with a lot of
>money...
>and a few years back did a major chimney job.
>Since the home owner lived in such an expensive house...my buddy figured
>there'd be no problem with payment.
>The rich S.O.B never paid him the $7500 he owned...and kept making excuses.
>
>One day my buddy got sick and tired of it all and jumped in his pickup truck
>and drove it across the guy's extensive expanse of lawn...and took his
>truck right up to the front door...
>Beat his fists against the door.....and when the owner came out...simply
>yelled at him:
>
>'ll take my payment now!
>
>"The guy wrote him a check on the spot...
>and it did not bounce!
>
>I did something similar once but quite a bit dramatic...and it worked too.
>
>Go for it...even if you need to buy a pickup truck!!!

I shoved a shotgun into a guy's nose and asked him to please not bother my wife anymore.
It worked too.

philo 08-24-2005 08:22 PM

Re: Question

> >Go for it...even if you need to buy a pickup truck!!!

> I shoved a shotgun into a guy's nose and asked him to please not bother my

wife anymore.
> It worked too.

If it was a two-barrel shotgun...
you could have skipped the word "please"!

old jon 08-24-2005 08:26 PM

Re: Question

<Harrison> wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:53:17 GMT, "Roy Newman-Smith"
> <royston52@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed
>>by
>>a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
>>that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
>>Is there any site where this could be done?
>>I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this
>>guy
>>but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

> Can you afford a hit man?

That wouldn`t do any good. He`d never get his money back then <g>.
Perhaps the threat of `kneecapping` might work.