Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to find someone's IP Address (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t228073-how-to-find-someones-ip-address.html)

Aslam Javed 08-09-2005 09:30 AM

How to find someone's IP Address

Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is chatting
with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger or any other
Instant Messenger.

Harrison 08-09-2005 10:42 AM

Re: How to find someone's IP Address

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 09:30:03 GMT, "Aslam Javed" <aslam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is chatting
>with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger or any other
>Instant Messenger.

There would have to be an active transfer of data (voice, files, etc.) between you and them at the moment you check.
You'd check by using the command line and typing in netstat and pressing enter.

Vanguard 08-09-2005 11:00 AM

"Aslam Javed" <aslam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:vI_Je.40200$FG3.17820@fe3.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
> Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is
> chatting with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger
> or any other Instant Messenger.

If they are going through a proxy or service, you can't get their IP
address. You only get the IP address of whatever host is connecting to
you, and that would be MSN's or Yahoo's Messenger service (i.e., those
services are connecting to you, not the user). You could always just
ask them.

For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 08-09-2005 03:38 PM

Re: How to find someone's IP Address

"Aslam Javed" <aslam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

|>Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is chatting
|>with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger or any other
|>Instant Messenger.

Try TcpView http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html
I don't use the messenger services but when I P2P I can see
everybody's IP address and DNS name.

cdnsoldier69 08-29-2008 01:33 AM

how to find someone's IP Address

I am trying to find someone's IP address because of a conversation I had with them last night. I was playing Pyramids on Yahoo! and someone came into the room with a suspicious name. It was 'gonnakillmyself'. Normally, I don't chat with people while I am playing my game, but this one kinda peeked my interest. I had to ask some questions. I actually got this person to chat with me in Yahoo! IM, but for the life of me, I had no idea how to retrieve this person's IP address so I could pass the information on to the local authorities. From what she told me, she sounded pretty serious. I have to do something about this. If you have any answers for this question, please forward to cdnsoldier69athotmaildotcom

Thanks

adriman 07-26-2009 07:18 AM

Hi,

check this tool to get someones IP address

h tt p://ww w.myiptest. com/staticpages/index.php/how-about-you

*This tool is for informational purposes only. Don’t use this trick for any illegal purposes. This tool requires the other person's cooperation.

Sameeraa 10-14-2010 07:16 AM

You can check out the ip address by making use of this site , i used this site for finding my Ip address & got the answer , you too make use of this site to find out the ip information , it provide in formation at cheap cost

pondus 03-07-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aslam Javed (Post 1109027)
Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is chatting
with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger or any other
Instant Messenger.

The easiest way is to go to http://www.fuglekos.com/ip-grabber/index.html

and just follow the instructions there.

pondus 03-14-2012 08:44 PM

The trick from fuglekos.com/ip-grabber/ seems to work in facebook only if you send it as link. If pasted as image, the facebook server fetches it for the user and leaves its own ip instead of the recievers ip. Probably some privacy policy they have.

It works if sent as link, and the facebook user clicks on it.

farhid 06-03-2012 12:02 PM

getting someones IP

Guys try http://iplogger.org

Easy and free!