Velocity Reviews

-   -   Graphics Card!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t227317-graphics-card.html)

Andi 07-24-2005 07:26 PM

Graphics Card!!!

I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing a
new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting on
this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card I
should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
help, links etc.. much appreciated

Andi

Toolman Tim 07-24-2005 07:28 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

"Andi" <andiflack@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:xXREe.25106$Pf3.3147@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
> I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing
> a new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting
> on this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card
> I should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
> help, links etc.. much appreciated

What speed AGP? 2x, 4x, 8x?

old jon 07-24-2005 08:10 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

"Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message

> "Andi" <andiflack@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:xXREe.25106$Pf3.3147@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
>> I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting
>> playing a new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low
>> setting on this game with my current card so I wanted to know which
>> graphics card I should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus
>> type is AGP. Any help, links etc.. much appreciated
>>

> What speed AGP? 2x, 4x, 8x?

Hang on Tim, he`ll post back and say "yes". <g>.

Toolman Tim 07-24-2005 08:16 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

"old jon" <ImNotIn@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message

> "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Andi" <andiflack@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:xXREe.25106$Pf3.3147@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
>>> I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting
>>> playing a new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low
>>> setting on this game with my current card so I wanted to know which
>>> graphics card I should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus
>>> type is AGP. Any help, links etc.. much appreciated
>>>

>> What speed AGP? 2x, 4x, 8x?
>>

> Hang on Tim, he`ll post back and say "yes". <g>.

LOL! That's what I'm afraid of ;o)

richard 07-24-2005 08:55 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

> "old jon" <ImNotIn@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Andi" <andiflack@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> news:xXREe.25106$Pf3.3147@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.u k...
>>>>
>>> What speed AGP? 2x, 4x, 8x?
>>>

>> Hang on Tim, he`ll post back and say "yes". <g>.
>>>

> LOL! That's what I'm afraid of ;o)

C'mon guys, the bloke was just asking for help. If you can't be constructive
why
not just ignore the post.

Will 07-24-2005 09:06 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

Andi wrote:
> I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing a
> new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting on
> this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card I
> should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
> help, links etc.. much appreciated
>
> Andi

Both ATI and Nvidia have some decent high end cards. I hear a lot of
people saying they are having problems playing BF2. a good site with
reviews is www.anandtech.com they also have a forum where people will
help, but this question came up so much all you have to do is look.

FML 07-24-2005 09:15 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

Andi wrote:
> I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing a
> new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting on
> this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card I
> should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
> help, links etc.. much appreciated
>
> Andi

What is your budget?

Toolman Tim 07-24-2005 09:21 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

"richard" <r.macarthur@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "old jon" <ImNotIn@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Hang on Tim, he`ll post back and say "yes". <g>.
>>>>

>> LOL! That's what I'm afraid of ;o)
>>

> C'mon guys, the bloke was just asking for help. If you can't be
> constructive why
> not just ignore the post.

I did provide a constructive reply to the poster. Why the h*** should you be
harassing us for having a bit of fun? If you can't be friendly, FOAD.

billybronco 07-24-2005 10:06 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

a geforce 7800gt will be good.

Pat 07-24-2005 11:58 PM

Re: Graphics Card!!!

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:26:21 GMT, "Andi" <andiflack@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>I've got a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5600XT graphics card. I have starting playing a
>new game called Battlefield 2. The graphics only play on a low setting on
>this game with my current card so I wanted to know which graphics card I
>should upgrade to as I don't really have a clue. My bus type is AGP. Any
>help, links etc.. much appreciated
>
>Andi

From cruising the video newgroups, it looks like the 6600GT will fix you up.
It is an 8x AGP card but will work in a 4X AGP slot. If you're using a 5600
card you have at least a 4X slot. I suggest taking a look in the Nvidia
group(s), they may have other suggestions.

--
Pat