Velocity Reviews

-   -   resetting setting on an efficent networkls router modem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t226940-resetting-setting-on-an-efficent-networkls-router-modem.html)

joe 07-18-2005 03:25 AM

resetting setting on an efficent networkls router modem

hey

i am have been away form home for a month or so and forgot the password i
used to access the setting on my effiecent networks router (the one that
comes with the home networking package) i haveen online looking and looked
through the user guide but cannot find a way to erase the settings that are
on there and start fresh.

Aside form calling Sympatico direct is there a way to do this?

FML 07-18-2005 03:52 AM

Re: resetting setting on an efficent networkls router modem

joe wrote:
> hey
>
> i am have been away form home for a month or so and forgot the password i
> used to access the setting on my effiecent networks router (the one that
> comes with the home networking package) i haveen online looking and looked
> through the user guide but cannot find a way to erase the settings that are
> on there and start fresh.
>
> Aside form calling Sympatico direct is there a way to do this?

I am not familiar with the "effiecent" brand, but most routers have a
button (usually hidden away some place) that allows you to reset it to
factory specs. Look for a "factory reset button" in the manual.

Mark 07-18-2005 05:05 AM

"FML" <NoSpamForMe@Invalid.xxx> wrote in message
> joe wrote:
>> hey
>>
>> i am have been away form home for a month or so and forgot the password i
>> used to access the setting on my effiecent networks router (the one that
>> comes with the home networking package) i haveen online looking and
>> looked
>> through the user guide but cannot find a way to erase the settings that
>> are
>> on there and start fresh.
>>
>> Aside form calling Sympatico direct is there a way to do this?
>>

> I am not familiar with the "effiecent" brand, but most routers have a
> button (usually hidden away some place) that allows you to reset it to
> factory specs. Look for a "factory reset button" in the manual.

maybe 'ipconfig /release' - 'ipconfig /renew' ??

pcbutts1 07-18-2005 01:25 PM

Re: resetting setting on an efficent networkls router modem

The password is the same as your email password with your ISP. If you don't
know that one then to access the modem you need the modem access code which
is on the bottom of the unit. There is also a reset button on the bottom but
it is covered by the label.

news:jpFCe.1653$je2.181639@news20.bellglobal.com.. .

pcbutts1 07-18-2005 01:30 PM

pcbutts1 <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote:

> The password is the same as your email password with your ISP.

My last boyfriend had a big one.

> If you don't know that one then to access the modem you need the modem
> access code which is on the bottom of the unit.

Don't adjust.

> There is also a reset button on the bottom but it is covered by the label.

It's better than being asleep.

pcbutts1 07-18-2005 01:32 PM

Re: resetting setting on an efficent networkls router modem

pcbutts1 <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote:

> The password is thuh same as yore email password with yore ISP.

My kid has the right to rollerblade down the sidewalk.

> If'n yew don't know that one thuhn tuh access thuh modem doodad yew need
> thuh modem doodad access code which is on thuh bottuhm uh thuh unit.

Don't adjust.

joe 07-18-2005 01:49 PM

Re: resetting setting on an efficent networkls router modem

tried to look for rest button under big lable on bottom
no go
tried the modem access code
no go
called sympatico
the guy tallked to me for 5 mins than put me on hold, came back and asked
how many antenna were o nthe back of the modem put me back on hold came back
asked how may computers i had and than told me he was transferring me to a
tier 2 agent, i hope to have results soon