Velocity Reviews

-   -   VHDL Preprocessor (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t22662-vhdl-preprocessor.html)

The Weiss Family 07-14-2004 04:23 AM

VHDL Preprocessor

Do any of the standard (free) tools for the Xilinx compilers have a
preprocessor?
Is this common at all with VHDL compilers.
In particular, I want to share code among several designs.
For each design I would like to conditionally compile certain portions.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

Mike Treseler 07-14-2004 05:27 AM

Re: VHDL Preprocessor

The Weiss Family wrote:

> For each design I would like to conditionally compile certain portions.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vh...essors+Matusov

--Mike Treseler

The Weiss Family 07-14-2004 05:51 AM

Re: VHDL Preprocessor

"Mike Treseler" <mike_treseler@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The Weiss Family wrote:
>
> > For each design I would like to conditionally compile certain portions.

> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vh...essors+Matusov
>
> --Mike Treseler

Thanks for the link. I was unaware that you could use an "if" statement
outside of a process.
This will greatly help.

Thanks again!

Adam