Velocity Reviews

-   -   mystery dll (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t226209-mystery-dll.html)

mike 07-02-2005 02:24 AM

mystery dll

hi,

i was jsut sittin' there minding my own business when....

i noticed an icon named Mssdll.32 sitting on my desktop. says it's part of
"Miles Sound System." and "Copyright (C) 1991-2001, RAD Game Tools, Inc."

i swear, your honor, i've never seen this before and i have idea what the
Miles Sound System is. somewhere i read it is part of WinAmp, whatever that
is. i don't think i want to delete it at this point so where can i stash it
and how do i go about stashing it there?

duh,

mike

Plato 07-02-2005 03:02 AM

Re: mystery dll

mike wrote:

> i swear, your honor, i've never seen this before and i have idea what the
> Miles Sound System is. somewhere i read it is part of WinAmp, whatever that
> is. i don't think i want to delete it at this point so where can i stash it
> and how do i go about stashing it there?

Just make a temp folder and move it there and see what happens.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

WormWood 07-02-2005 03:05 AM

Re: mystery dll

Can you drag it to the Start Button?

news:gVmxe.4346$bU3.1189@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...

mike 07-02-2005 04:50 AM

Re: mystery dll

whoops, it belongs to grand theft auto vice city. but how it just popped up
on the desktop? who knows? there it shall stay.

Sly 07-02-2005 12:49 PM

Re: mystery dll

since yur gonna leave it there, id right click on it, hit properties and
check on the hidden box so ya dont gotta look at it all the time

news:q2pxe.4361$yl4.2537@newssvr31.news.prodigy.co m...

Fred is back 07-02-2005 01:03 PM

Re: mystery dll

Fred is back 07-02-2005 01:11 PM

Re: mystery dll

Sly <askme@myserver.com> wrote:

> since yur gonna leave it there, id right click on it, hit properties and
> check on the hidden box so ya dont gotta look at it all the time.

****! I'm a bot and can do better than that. "since you are going to leave
it there, I would right click on it, hit properties and check on the hidden
box so you do not have to look at it all the time."

Sly 07-04-2005 12:31 AM

Re: mystery dll

whats wrong with it? he says hes just going to leave it where it is, im not
sure about anyone else but i dont like looking at .dll files and other junk
all day so if i was to leave it, id at least put it as hidden