Velocity Reviews

-   -   Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t226040-google-keyhole-free.html)

kenny 06-28-2005 05:55 PM

Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

http://earth.google.com/earth.html

Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced, you
can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This was
called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
WorldWind.

--
Kenfucious said:

Michael Jackson has been vindicated.

The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
of view, is just a point a view and not something real.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 06-28-2005 07:42 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

On "kenny" <nospam@gmail.com> wrote:

|>http://earth.google.com/earth.html
|>
|>Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced, you
|>can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This was
|>called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
|>WorldWind.

That is just sooo neat, Thanks for that one!

Sure takes point and click to a new level :)

--
http://tinyurl.com/8mowu

unwashed 06-28-2005 08:15 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

"kenny" <nospam@gmail.com> wrote in message
> http://earth.google.com/earth.html
>
> Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced,
> you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This
> was called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
> WorldWind.

Hey Kenny, thanks for your post........
It is a truly spectacular piece of software!!!
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

unwashed 06-28-2005 08:35 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

You illiterate ****.

Marcus Booth 06-28-2005 08:37 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

Has anyone tried to use this on a 56K dial-up connection....it does advise
it needs broadband/cable connection....how much longer will i have to wait
for the information to load.

Marcus Booth

unwashed 06-28-2005 08:41 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

> You illiterate ****.

ERIC! You are back in action and soon to be netkkopped too!

Aquila Deus 06-28-2005 08:49 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

Marcus Booth wrote:
> Has anyone tried to use this on a 56K dial-up connection....it does
> advise it needs broadband/cable connection....how much longer will i
> have to wait for the information to load.

Hours, it's slow enough on a 2Mbit link.

kenny 06-28-2005 09:39 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

It will work but you cant roam around too much... its slow.
I think that this info is cached so if you go to the same place again you
dont have to re-stream the data.

I have a dsl 384 k and it works ok, not like the other poster that
said something about 2M.

Kenny

Miss Perspicacia Tick 06-28-2005 10:29 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

Aquila Deus wrote:
> Marcus Booth wrote:
>> Has anyone tried to use this on a 56K dial-up connection....it does
>> advise it needs broadband/cable connection....how much longer will i
>> have to wait for the information to load.

> Hours, it's slow enough on a 2Mbit link.

The software took 35 seconds to download over my 2Mbit (3.5 seconds a MB is
impressive - but, just of late, my connection has been remarkably fast).
Yes, I'm downloading at around 17MB a minute on a 2Mbit connection -
impressive or what?

Now I've said that, it'll go back to being crap.

The software, however, is completely useless to me, as it only supports
North America. Entering London got me London, Ontario!

pcbutts1 06-28-2005 11:21 PM

Re: Google >>> Keyhole FREE!!!

How much did you pay for it?