Velocity Reviews

-   -   screen blanks out (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t225991-screen-blanks-out.html)

Jason 06-27-2005 04:28 PM

screen blanks out

Yes i have an issue with my system recently it has been blanking out when i
open windows media player it usually does it and it also does it when
opening microsoft outlook. It blanks out for about three seconds then comes
back normal but right before the blank the screen freezes. I don't know
what is causing this or where i should start looking to solve problem.

pengulin 06-27-2005 07:24 PM

Re: screen blanks out

Do you lose the video signal completely when this happens? (Does the light
on the front of the monitor that's usually solid green when you have video
turn to amber and/or start blinking)

Jason 06-28-2005 12:52 PM

Re: screen blanks out

No the light stays solid green. My screen freezes right before it
happens... then it goes dark black light black dark black then back on. It
is like when you reset the screen size or resolution. But it happens when i
am in outlook or when i am playing file through windows media player.
Doesnt affect any other aspect of computer or happen at any other time. So
i am assuming it is something required by microsoft but unsure. What other
information could i provide that would help solving this issue just let me
know and i will provide it.