Velocity Reviews

-   -   looking for some good books (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t22514-looking-for-some-good-books.html)

JingleBEV 05-23-2004 04:25 PM

looking for some good books

Hi,
Can somebody tell me what is the best VHDL or Verilog book for logic design
at Advanced/ Intermediate level?

Thanks.
NQ

Symon 05-23-2004 07:32 PM

Re: looking for some good books

Hey JingleBEV,
You should ask ra. He's the guy posting from the same computer as you,
asking the same question.
cheers, Syms.
news:xg4sc.2443$tb4.107843@news20.bellglobal.com.. .

Symon 05-23-2004 07:36 PM

Re: looking for some good books

Whoops, I take that back! My mistake! Try here:-
http://www.vhdl.org/vi/comp.lang.vhdl/FAQ1.html
Or search comp.lang.vhdl on Google Groups Advanced.
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
cheers, Syms

VhdlCohen 05-25-2004 01:17 AM

Re: looking for some good books

>best VHDL or Verilog book for logic design
>at Advanced/ Intermediate level?

FYI, my book "Real Chip Design and Verification Using Verilog and VHDL, 2002
isbn 0-9705394-2-8" deals with advanced design, multi-clock, and verification
issues in both HDLs.
See my site for TOC and more info.
Ben
Ben Cohen Trainer, Consultant, Publisher (310) 721-4830
http://www.vhdlcohen.com/ vhdlcohen@aol.com
Author of following textbooks:
* Using PSL/SUGAR for Formal and Dynamic Verification 2nd Edition, 2004 isbn
0-9705394-6-0
0-9705394-2-8
* Component Design by Example ", 2001 isbn 0-9705394-0-1
* VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies, 2nd Edition, 1999 isbn 0-7923-8474-1
* VHDL Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, 2nd Edition, isbn 0-7923-8115