Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t225116-cheaper-and-faster-internet.html)

PAT HAMILLTON 06-10-2005 03:04 PM

Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!!

Tired of paying too much for internet services. Check out Kariboo Internet
Service Provider. New service is expanding. Kariboo offers regular and
Xtreme dial-up (7 times faster than regular dial-up access as well as ADSL
High Speed.

Regular Dial-up: $15.99/month (Unlimited access, Speed of 56K service, 5
email accounts (eg. yourname@kariboo.ca), unlimited downloads and no setup
fee)

Dial-up Xtreme internet: $19.99/month (Unlimited access, up to 7 times
faster than normal dial-up, 5 email accounts, unlimited downloads and no
setup fee)

ADSL High Speed: $29.95/month (3 mbps downstream, no limits, no caps,
anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall, popup ad blocker and parental control
included for free)

For more information check out: www.kariboo.ca

If signing up for a service or associate please use Referring Associate #
K101329804

Old Gringo 06-10-2005 03:16 PM

Re: Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!!

PAT HAMILLTON wrote:
> Tired

This post would be considered spam and at best it's a ripoff.
--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Old Gringo 06-10-2005 03:18 PM

PAT HAMILLTON wrote:
> Tired

Oh and you are using Rogers Cable?

joevan 06-10-2005 03:20 PM

Re: Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!!

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:34:06 -0230, "PAT HAMILLTON"
<pat_hamilton@nl.rogers.com> wrote:

>Tired of paying too much for internet services. Check out Kariboo Internet
>Service Provider. New service is expanding. Kariboo offers regular and
>Xtreme dial-up (7 times faster than regular dial-up access as well as ADSL
>High Speed.
>
>Regular Dial-up: $15.99/month (Unlimited access, Speed of 56K service, 5
>email accounts (eg. yourname@kariboo.ca), unlimited downloads and no setup
>fee)
>
>Dial-up Xtreme internet: $19.99/month (Unlimited access, up to 7 times
>faster than normal dial-up, 5 email accounts, unlimited downloads and no
>setup fee)
>
>ADSL High Speed: $29.95/month (3 mbps downstream, no limits, no caps,
>anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall, popup ad blocker and parental control
>included for free)
>
>For more information check out: www.kariboo.ca
>
>If signing up for a service or associate please use Referring Associate #
>K101329804

Xtreme dial-up (7 times faster than regular dial-up access as well as
ADSL

Bull **** is thick these day. Talk about crap, this is it.
Take your spam and shove it.

-- "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
and for the same reason."

TheAngryComputer'Dude 06-10-2005 03:47 PM

Re: Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!!

I agree with you, Joevan. 7 times faster? 5 times faster? WTF.... If
you're going to go with dialup, just go with something you've actually
heard about, including Earthlink, but none of those '5 times faster'
things.

CheechWizard 06-10-2005 04:47 PM

Re: Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!!

> This post would be considered spam and at best it's a ripoff.

....i concur...DSL is roughly 30 bucks a pop...
dial up...'round 10 bucks...

....they are a standard...no getting around it....

well...unless u wanna camp out at the library...
don't think they will allow a hot plate and mini ice
box thru the front door....

peace....please...

PAT HAMILLTON 06-10-2005 05:04 PM

Re: Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!!

Try it and you will be surprised!!!!!!!

news:1118418448.232965.108620@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...

Blinky the Shark 06-10-2005 05:28 PM

**** off with your spam, idiot. If you still have your account, to
**** off with.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Joel Rubin 06-10-2005 05:54 PM

Re: Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!!

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:16:05 GMT, Old Gringo
<oldgringo-invalid-@yahoo.com> wrote:

>This post would be considered spam and at best it's a ripoff.

It's certainly spam.

Hmm - what price are they giving? U.S. bux or Canadian bux?

Their web page says $29.95.

Maybe one's Canadian and one is U.S.? The current exchange rate is one
Canadian buck = a smidge over eighty cents in real -) money.

Ah - they've got a big MLM/referral program which explains the spam.
They desparately need to have an anti-spamming TOS for that sort of
thing if they don't already. I see stuff about not being misleading in
their policy PDF file but nothing about spam.

Of course, if the user likes a dial-up service that much he won't be
displeased about losing his Rogers cable modem service for usenet
spamming.

Joel Rubin 06-10-2005 06:03 PM

Re: Cheaper and Faster Internet !!!!

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:20:02 GMT, joevan <joevanudity@joevanudity.com>
wrote:

>Xtreme dial-up (7 times faster than regular dial-up access as well as
>ADSL

The Xtreme dial-up is probably a web proxy which compresses pictures
at the expense of quality.

Something similar comes for free with Earthlink (only recommended with
dial-up not broadband) and you can get it with Netzero for $5
extra/month or you can subscribe to one of several standalone
services.

Earthlink and Netzero claim 5x.

To what extent it will actually speed up your surfing depends, of
course, on how many pictures that you don't mind being slightly
degraded you view.