Velocity Reviews

-   -   latest painting (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t224801-latest-painting.html)

philo 06-04-2005 02:42 PM

latest painting

the latest from my girlfriend

(lo res)

http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

Old Gringo 06-04-2005 03:04 PM

Re: latest painting

philo wrote:
> the latest from my girlfriend
>
> (lo res)
>
> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

Tell her to do an exhibit in Marfa. We have an art gallery on every
corner and 2 or 3 in between. http://www.chinati.org/ The painting
is fantastic.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

philo 06-04-2005 03:20 PM

Re: latest painting

"Old Gringo" <oldgringo-invalid-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:hqjoe.2316$RV5.2054@newssvr30.news.prodigy.co m...
> philo wrote:
>> the latest from my girlfriend
>>
>> (lo res)
>>
>> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

> Tell her to do an exhibit in Marfa. We have an art gallery on every
> corner and 2 or 3 in between. http://www.chinati.org/ The painting is
> fantastic.

thanks for the link and the comment.
the web image really does not do justice to the painting ...
the painting is 32" X 42"
some day she'd like to do stuff much larger!

Old Gringo 06-04-2005 04:16 PM

Re: latest painting

philo wrote:
> "Old Gringo" <oldgringo-invalid-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:hqjoe.2316$RV5.2054@newssvr30.news.prodigy.co m...
>
>>philo wrote:
>>
>>>the latest from my girlfriend
>>>
>>>(lo res)
>>>
>>>http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

>>Tell her to do an exhibit in Marfa. We have an art gallery on every
>>corner and 2 or 3 in between. http://www.chinati.org/ The painting is
>>fantastic.
>>

> thanks for the link and the comment.
> the web image really does not do justice to the painting ...
> the painting is 32" X 42"
> some day she'd like to do stuff much larger!

Very Impressive. Thank You for sharing.

Dave Lear 06-04-2005 04:29 PM

Re: latest painting

"philo" wrote in message news:5uydnRjH5rV9IDzfRVn-1Q@athenet.net

> the latest from my girlfriend (lo res)
> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

Odd... but I do like it. Visited the site - some of the others are fantastic
(in the original sense) - are they just on the web to show them off or does
she sell them?

finding z0 06-04-2005 04:29 PM

Re: latest painting

WOW!
Still life with (ambivalent) neon woman giving birth to...seedpods..?
Ambivalent (blue, not warm).
How does she feel about being a mother?
Fecundity meets the ice queen? postartum depression?
I'm not a psychologist (but my wife plays one on TV).
Interesting image.
Are there others?
I don't come here much except to read K-M(or)W's hilarious insults.
I did once, way back when this place wuz civilized.....
p.s. don't let yer girlfriend alone fer long periods of time....

philo 06-04-2005 07:33 PM

Re: latest painting

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:29:48 -0700, finding z0 wrote:

> WOW!
> Still life with (ambivalent) neon woman giving birth to...seedpods..?
> Ambivalent (blue, not warm).
> How does she feel about being a mother?
> Fecundity meets the ice queen? postartum depression?
> I'm not a psychologist (but my wife plays one on TV).
> Interesting image.
> Are there others?
> I don't come here much except to read K-M(or)W's hilarious insults.
> I did once, way back when this place wuz civilized.....
> p.s. don't let yer girlfriend alone fer long periods of time....

thank you for the comments!

here is the site itself

www.plazaearth.com/philo

philo 06-04-2005 08:54 PM

Re: latest painting

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 17:29:18 +0100, Dave Lear wrote:

> "philo" wrote in message news:5uydnRjH5rV9IDzfRVn-1Q@athenet.net
>
>> the latest from my girlfriend (lo res)
>> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

> Odd... but I do like it. Visited the site - some of the others are fantastic
> (in the original sense) - are they just on the web to show them off or does
> she sell them?

the site is mainly for her to she the works...
but she has been known to sell one occasionally.

WormWood 06-05-2005 04:43 AM

Re: latest painting

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
> the latest from my girlfriend
>
> (lo res)
>
> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

Clever. Versatile. This fabulous work of...art...could be used for
kitchen, bathroom or Bedroom wall decoration. Does your g/f give
lessons?

philo 06-05-2005 08:50 AM

Re: latest painting

WormWood wrote:
> "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>>the latest from my girlfriend
>>
>>(lo res)
>>
>>http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg
>>

> Clever. Versatile. This fabulous work of...art...could be used for
> kitchen, bathroom or Bedroom wall decoration. Does your g/f give
> lessons?

i don't think she gives lessons...
but i can at least tell you her secret:

don't go to art school!
just experiment on your own.

also helpful in getting started is a book called :
"Drawing on the Right Side of your Brain"