Velocity Reviews

-   -   Broken Link??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t224740-broken-link.html)

LTTonyB 06-03-2005 12:45 AM

Broken Link???

I'm trying to download a fix for an issue I'm having running 16 bit app
on my XP computer... I keep getting this error: > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsyste
> C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable fo
> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' t
> terminate the application.

I found a fix for the problem on this site, on this lin
http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/413-p1.php, which was great... THEN,
couldn't find my freakin' XP install disks, so I resorted to the lin
on that page that is supposed to download a fix, but the link appear
to be broken...

Can anybody help the newbie??? Thanks..

--
LTTony
LTTonyB's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1343

Toolman Tim 06-03-2005 01:07 AM

Re: Broken Link???

"LTTonyB" <LTTonyB.1q100y@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to download a fix for an issue I'm having running 16 bit apps
> on my XP computer... I keep getting this error: > 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
>> C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
>> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to
>> terminate the application.

> I found a fix for the problem on this site, on this link
> http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/413-p1.php, which was great... THEN, I
> couldn't find my freakin' XP install disks, so I resorted to the link
> on that page that is supposed to download a fix, but the link appears
> to be broken...
>
> Can anybody help the newbie??? Thanks...

Give this one a look:
http://kb.bighammer.com/article.aspx?id=10003