Velocity Reviews

-   -   Context Menu Woes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t224587-context-menu-woes.html)

gordon freeman 05-31-2005 04:00 AM

Context Menu Woes

When I right click on the desktop or desktop icons, it takes a while
for the menu to appear (about 2 seconds).

This just recently started happening, and I haven't installed any
programs recently. Spyware and virus checks come up clean. A system
restore also did nothing.

WormWood 05-31-2005 06:23 AM

Re: Context Menu Woes

have you cleaned up your Desktop folder lately?

gordon freeman 05-31-2005 03:41 PM

Re: Context Menu Woes

On Tue, 31 May 2005 02:23:03 -0400, "WormWood"
<eapoe@midnightdreary.com.invalid> wrote:

>have you cleaned up your Desktop folder lately?

As far as old and unused shortcuts are concerned, yes. Is there
something else I should be doing?

I thought it might have something to do with Novell or WinRAR, two
programs that have installed their little iconic menus in the context
menu. I can't very well get rid of Novell, as that's my school's
networking software, and changing WinRAR settings didn't change
anything.