Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Day shown on taskbar and unable to make settings on taskbar displays. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t224582-day-shown-on-taskbar-and-unable-to-make-settings-on-taskbar-displays.html)

Charlie Evans 05-31-2005 01:45 AM

Day shown on taskbar and unable to make settings on taskbar displays.
 
Clean install with all updates of XP Pro. Sempron 2600+ Socket A on
Shuttle 40VN Mainboard with 256 DDR Memory
The ( DAY )(Spelled out) has shown up on the taskbar under the clock. The
taskbar "Seems" to be a wee bit taller (Wider)? than before. Also when I
right click on the taskbar and select properties, The taskbar and Start menu
appears. If I click on customize in the lower right hand corner, when the
Customize Notifications are displayed, I cannot "open" any of them to change
the settings. If it is set to always hide, cannot change it to Hide when
inactive, etc.... Any ideas on this at all, I have about given up on.
Cannot find where to get rid of the date thing at all.



Thanks for reading...



Toolman Tim 05-31-2005 01:49 AM

Re: Day shown on taskbar and unable to make settings on taskbar displays.
 

"Charlie Evans" <falcon2@gte.net> wrote in message
news:WkPme.15604$Ri3.6751@trnddc09...
> Clean install with all updates of XP Pro. Sempron 2600+ Socket A on
> Shuttle 40VN Mainboard with 256 DDR Memory
> The ( DAY )(Spelled out) has shown up on the taskbar under the clock.
> The taskbar "Seems" to be a wee bit taller (Wider)? than before. Also when
> I right click on the taskbar and select properties, The taskbar and Start
> menu appears. If I click on customize in the lower right hand corner,
> when the Customize Notifications are displayed, I cannot "open" any of
> them to change the settings. If it is set to always hide, cannot change it
> to Hide when inactive, etc.... Any ideas on this at all, I have about
> given up on. Cannot find where to get rid of the date thing at all.
>
>

Unlock the taskbar - rightclick on it and select "unlock". Now, hover the
mouse cursor over the top line of the taskbar until you get the
double-arrow. Click, and drag the task bar back to the normal height.
Problem solved.




Charlie Evans 05-31-2005 02:14 AM

Re: Day shown on taskbar and unable to make settings on taskbar displays.
 
Tim, I tried that, No luck at all there. thanks anyway.
"Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
news:0pPme.17998$bD5.10989@fe07.lga...
>
> "Charlie Evans" <falcon2@gte.net> wrote in message
> news:WkPme.15604$Ri3.6751@trnddc09...
>> Clean install with all updates of XP Pro. Sempron 2600+ Socket A on
>> Shuttle 40VN Mainboard with 256 DDR Memory
>> The ( DAY )(Spelled out) has shown up on the taskbar under the clock.
>> The taskbar "Seems" to be a wee bit taller (Wider)? than before. Also
>> when I right click on the taskbar and select properties, The taskbar and
>> Start menu appears. If I click on customize in the lower right hand
>> corner, when the Customize Notifications are displayed, I cannot "open"
>> any of them to change the settings. If it is set to always hide, cannot
>> change it to Hide when inactive, etc.... Any ideas on this at all, I
>> have about given up on. Cannot find where to get rid of the date thing at
>> all.
>>
>>

> Unlock the taskbar - rightclick on it and select "unlock". Now, hover the
> mouse cursor over the top line of the taskbar until you get the
> double-arrow. Click, and drag the task bar back to the normal height.
> Problem solved.
>
>
>




WormWood 05-31-2005 07:14 AM

Re: Day shown on taskbar and unable to make settings on taskbar displays.
 

"Charlie Evans" <falcon2@gte.net> wrote in message
news:WkPme.15604$Ri3.6751@trnddc09...
> Clean install with all updates of XP Pro. Sempron 2600+ Socket A on
> Shuttle 40VN Mainboard with 256 DDR Memory
> The ( DAY )(Spelled out) has shown up on the taskbar under the clock.
> The taskbar "Seems" to be a wee bit taller (Wider)? than before. Also
> when I right click on the taskbar and select properties, The taskbar
> and Start menu appears. If I click on customize in the lower right
> hand corner, when the Customize Notifications are displayed, I cannot
> "open" any of them to change the settings. If it is set to always
> hide, cannot change it to Hide when inactive, etc....

--------------------------
When highlighted, the notification should show an arrow drop-down menu
on the right of the name. This allows you to change the "hide" settings.
As for the name of the day beneath the clock, I haven't a clue.
-------------------------

Any ideas on this at all, I have about given up on.
> Cannot find where to get rid of the date thing at all.
>
>
>
> Thanks for reading...
>
>




Charlie Evans 05-31-2005 03:01 PM

Re: Day shown on taskbar and unable to make settings on taskbar displays.
 
Thanks for the replies, but when highlighted, the notification shows a arrow
drop-down, but will not Open at all. Still trying to find something useful
on the Net but so far no luck....

"WormWood" <eapoe@midnightdreary.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:eaqdnaG9sP9MkwHfRVn-vw@adelphia.com...
>
> "Charlie Evans" <falcon2@gte.net> wrote in message
> news:WkPme.15604$Ri3.6751@trnddc09...
>> Clean install with all updates of XP Pro. Sempron 2600+ Socket A on
>> Shuttle 40VN Mainboard with 256 DDR Memory
>> The ( DAY )(Spelled out) has shown up on the taskbar under the clock.
>> The taskbar "Seems" to be a wee bit taller (Wider)? than before. Also
>> when I right click on the taskbar and select properties, The taskbar and
>> Start menu appears. If I click on customize in the lower right hand
>> corner, when the Customize Notifications are displayed, I cannot "open"
>> any of them to change the settings. If it is set to always hide, cannot
>> change it to Hide when inactive, etc....

> --------------------------
> When highlighted, the notification should show an arrow drop-down menu on
> the right of the name. This allows you to change the "hide" settings. As
> for the name of the day beneath the clock, I haven't a clue.
> -------------------------
>
> Any ideas on this at all, I have about given up on.
>> Cannot find where to get rid of the date thing at all.
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks for reading...
>>
>>

>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.