Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem with: Window Installer/Preparing to Install/Can not update Office 2003 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t224316-problem-with-window-installer-preparing-to-install-can-not-update-office-2003-a.html)

M. K. Gunn 05-25-2005 02:57 PM

Problem with: Window Installer/Preparing to Install/Can not update Office 2003

When I installed Microsoft Office 2003 I ran into some problems and so I
used the "System Restore" hoping to get back to before the installation.
Well in doing this some how I messed something up and when I try to up date
Office 2003
I get an error message about the installer missing. Everytime I open
Outlook 2003 I get a window that Window Installer is preparing to Install
and
it keeps popping up. Is there a way to repair this/install the missing
file???
Help I am at my wits end in trying to solve this situation.
Mary

pcbutts1 05-25-2005 04:42 PM

Re: Problem with: Window Installer/Preparing to Install/Can not update Office 2003

First try giving it the Office cd and let it copy the files that it needs.
If that does not work then go to add/remove programs, select office and
choose repair.

--

I am the real pcbutts1. Trolls can forge my name
but not my headers, check them to be sure.

Hector Vera 05-25-2005 04:43 PM

Re: Problem with: Window Installer/Preparing to Install/Can not update Office 2003

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

M. K. 05-25-2005 09:27 PM

Re: Problem with: Window Installer/Preparing to Install/Can not update Office 2003

I have done the uninstall/reinstall several times with not success.
Mary
news:0X1le.193$MI4.128@newsread2.news.pas.earthlin k.net...

M. K. 05-25-2005 09:28 PM

Re: Problem with: Window Installer/Preparing to Install/Can not update Office 2003

I think I have tried this but I will give it another try and get back to
you.
Mary
news:RV1le.21164$J12.5286@newssvr14.news.prodigy.c om...