Velocity Reviews

-   -   Google Groups in Outlook? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t224042-google-groups-in-outlook.html)

John Smith 05-21-2005 02:42 AM

Google Groups in Outlook?

Is there a way to set up the Google Groups server in Outlook express?
Or does anyone know the news server name? "?.gmail.com"
Just wondering.
John...

Evan Platt 05-21-2005 03:09 AM

Re: Google Groups in Outlook?

On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:42:59 +1000, "John Smith" <johnsmith@devs.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way to set up the Google Groups server in Outlook express?

No. Google groups is via web interface only.

Google "free usenet servers"

> Or does anyone know the news server name? "?.gmail.com"

Are you talking about gmail or google groups?

Dave Lear 05-21-2005 03:13 AM

Re: Google Groups in Outlook?

"John Smith" wrote in message news:428ea03b$1@news.alphalink.com.au

> Is there a way to set up the Google Groups server in Outlook express?

No. There isn't a Google news server.

> Or does anyone know the news server name? "?.gmail.com"

No. There isn't a Google news server.

> Just wondering.

Google Groups is a web interface for usenet not actual usenet. As far as I'm
aware, Google don't offer an actual NNTP feed, just a webified version of
it.

John Smith 05-21-2005 04:07 AM

Re: Google Groups in Outlook?

"John Smith" <johnsmith@devs.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to set up the Google Groups server in Outlook express?
> Or does anyone know the news server name? "?.gmail.com"
> Just wondering.
> John...

Thanks for your replies.
John