Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to remove unwanted Internet Explorer "Quick Search" toolbar?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t223542-how-to-remove-unwanted-internet-explorer-quick-search-toolbar.html)

Jimmy Dean 05-12-2005 11:26 AM

How to remove unwanted Internet Explorer "Quick Search" toolbar??

This has hijacked the View, Toolbars menu (all items greyed out except
Customize) and appears just below the IE address bar. It contains
unwanted gambling, adult, porn links among other things.

SpyBot 1.3.1TX and Ad-Aware SE personal 1.05 both with latest updates
faild to remove, as did MS Windows Security updates for IE6.

Am using WIN98SE.

"Quick Search Toolbar" is such a generic term that Google finds seem
irrevelant - not to mention that Google itself has its own Quick
Search toolbar!

Your help please

tia
jd

Swiss Tony 05-12-2005 12:50 PM

Re: How to remove unwanted Internet Explorer "Quick Search" toolbar??

"Jimmy Dean" <jdean@nowhere.now> wrote in message
> This has hijacked the View, Toolbars menu (all items greyed out except
> Customize) and appears just below the IE address bar. It contains
> unwanted gambling, adult, porn links among other things.
>
> SpyBot 1.3.1TX and Ad-Aware SE personal 1.05 both with latest updates
> faild to remove, as did MS Windows Security updates for IE6.
>
> Am using WIN98SE.
>
> "Quick Search Toolbar" is such a generic term that Google finds seem
> irrevelant - not to mention that Google itself has its own Quick
> Search toolbar!
>
> Your help please
>
> tia
> jd

close Internet explorer
open control panel
click internet options
in the box that pops up under the section "temporary internet files" click
settings
in the box that appears, click view objects
check for the toolbar thats causing the problem in the folder that appears.
also remove any entrys which say "Unknown" in the status column.

you could also try downloading hijack this from here
http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip
then post the log file to http://hijackthis.de/ and see what it recommends.
you can also post it here and we shall take a look to.

°Mike° 05-12-2005 05:55 PM

Re: How to remove unwanted Internet Explorer "Quick Search" toolbar??

Spyware.QuickSearch
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...icksearch.html

In <etb681he8mg6br8nh2l3nhp2eunade579i@4ax.com>,
Jimmy Dean took 18 lines to utter: