Velocity Reviews

-   -   top secret (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t223353-top-secret.html)

philo 05-08-2005 01:45 PM

top secret

here is part of an email i got:

"We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.

Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that this
transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our watchword
throughout.

Best Regards,

Issa Tiligado"

it said i should keep it top secret...
so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???

puzzled

John Holmes 05-08-2005 01:57 PM

Re: top secret

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> here is part of an email i got:
>
> "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for
> your efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
>
> Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
> transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that
> this transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our
> watchword throughout.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Issa Tiligado"
>
> it said i should keep it top secret...
> so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
>
> puzzled

Nigerian scam. I used to reply to the ****ers, letting them think they
had found a victim. Sucking up their valuable time. Anyway, after a few
months I decided it wasn't funny anymore and I delete those messages now
without reading them.
But, for some fun reading when you are bored at work look here:
http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

HTH and HAND

John Holmes 05-08-2005 02:01 PM

Re: top secret

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> here is part of an email i got:
>
> "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for
> your efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
>
> Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
> transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that
> this transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our
> watchword throughout.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Issa Tiligado"
>
> it said i should keep it top secret...
> so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
>
> puzzled

Nigerian scam. I used to reply to the ****ers, letting them think they
had found a victim. Sucking up their valuable time. Anyway, after a few
months I decided it wasn't funny anymore and I delete those messages now
without reading them.
But, for some fun reading when you are bored at work look here:
http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

HTH and HAND

--
Your mother was an obnoxious road sweeper who never played hard to get in
prison.

Buffalo 05-08-2005 03:03 PM

Re: top secret

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
> here is part of an email i got:
>
> "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
> efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
>
> Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
> transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that this
> transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our watchword
> throughout.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Issa Tiligado"
>
> it said i should keep it top secret...
> so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
>
> puzzled

Dear philo,
Not only are you puzzled, but you just missed out on an easy $3.3 million by not
keeping the secret.
If only I had that chance. Damn, I would keep the secret.
Baby needs a new pair of shoes---------.

Franklin 05-08-2005 03:50 PM

Re: top secret

May I have a link for the page. I need some money

philo 05-08-2005 06:21 PM

Re: top secret

> "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > here is part of an email i got:
> >
> > "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
> > efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
> >
> > Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the

<snip>

> Dear philo,
> Not only are you puzzled, but you just missed out on an easy $3.3 million

by not
> keeping the secret.
> If only I had that chance. Damn, I would keep the secret.
> Baby needs a new pair of shoes---------.

aah, those things are just scams...
most of the time you only get a million or so...not the 3 -15 million they
promise :)

Unk 05-09-2005 12:40 AM

Re: top secret

On Sun, 8 May 2005 08:45:15 -0500, "philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote:

>here is part of an email i got:
>
>"We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
>efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
>
>Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
>transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that this
>transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our watchword
>throughout.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Issa Tiligado"
>
>it said i should keep it top secret...
>so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
>
>puzzled

Probably the most entertaining "string-along-the-419-scammer"
http://www.geocities.com/steerp1ke/David_Ehi.html

Nice parody making fun of all the Nigerian scam emails
http://j-walk.com/other/conf/index.htm

Keme 05-09-2005 05:09 PM

Re: top secret

philo wrote:
> here is part of an email i got:
>
> "We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire US$16.5M for your
> efforts in this transaction, 80% for us here partners in nigeria.
>
> Please reply urgently through my email address as we expect that the
> transaction will not take more than ten working days. Please note that this
> transaction must be top secret and let honesty and trust be our watchword
> throughout.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Issa Tiligado"
>
> it said i should keep it top secret...
> so do you think i should let anyone know about it or not???
>
> puzzled

I once did a full printout of one of those messages. The message body
was about half a page, and the headers slightly less.
The rest of the 14 (!) pages were the mail addresses the message was
sent to.

Sort of defeats the "top secret" (or similar) warning, I guess (-8