Velocity Reviews

-   -   System keeps getting locked up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t223026-system-keeps-getting-locked-up.html)

aldod 05-02-2005 03:10 AM

System keeps getting locked up

Think I have got a virus tryed to do live update with Norton to no avail.
Now whats next dont want to dig a deeper hole........Will listen to any
voice within reason

Old Gringo 05-02-2005 04:10 AM

Re: System keeps getting locked up

do a free scan at trendmicro.com

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Unk 05-02-2005 04:26 AM

On Sun, 1 May 2005 23:10:19 -0400, "aldod" <aldod@optonline.net> wrote:

>Think I have got a virus tryed to do live update with Norton to no avail.
>Now whats next dont want to dig a deeper hole........Will listen to any
>voice within reason

This is a link to a small FREE program by McAfee Anti-virus named Stinger. It will scan your
system for 47 known viruses and trojans and repair them. You don't need McAfee anti-virus
installed on your computer... this is a stand alone program. http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
Direct download: http://download.nai.com/products/mca...rt/stinger.exe

Microsoft provides free anti-virus software that can be used for 1 year.
http://www.my-etrust.com/micro┬*soft/

Free online virus scanners

http://housecall.antivirus.com/
http://security.norton.com/default.a...d=us&venid=sym
http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp
http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/o...iruscheck.html
http://www.dials.ru/english/www_av/
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

Another possibility is to borrow a second computer with anti-virus software on it, and put that
HDD in it as a slave, and run the anti-virus software to clean it up.

aldod 05-02-2005 04:29 AM

Re: System keeps getting locked up

Thanks every time i try something the cpu gets maxed out some how will try
anything not to format the hard drive.

Unk 05-02-2005 05:21 AM

Re: System keeps getting locked up

Bootup in the safe mode.

aldod 05-02-2005 05:32 AM

Re: System keeps getting locked up

Stinger is running where nothing else...DID keeping fingers and toes
crossed.These machines are really wicked when they are not working right
Thanks again

BS 05-02-2005 03:31 PM

"aldod" <aldod@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Stinger is running where nothing else...DID keeping fingers and toes
> crossed.These machines are really wicked when they are not working right
> Thanks again
> "Unk" <not@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Bootup in the safe mode.
> >
> > On Mon, 2 May 2005 00:29:06 -0400, "aldod" <aldod@optonline.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks every time i try something the cpu gets maxed out some how
> > > will try anything not to format the hard drive.
> > > "Unk" <not@aol.com> wrote in message

> > > http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

> http://download.nai.com/products/mca...rt/stinger.exe

Stinger currently scans for 50 known viruses and trojans; get the curent
version. You may want to try downloading the Symantec Intelligent Updater
and see if that will force an update for the current virus definitions for
Norton AntiVirus.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com.../download.html If you can't
download and run the updater, try to install it directly over the internet.
Good luck.

Jurgen Klingemann 05-03-2005 02:03 PM

Re: System keeps getting locked up

Check you have auto update enabled then go to www.symantec.com click on
check my computer and then check for viruses, and follow any instruction
from there. I've had this problem and was resolved by Symantec after
contacting to site (wasn't recognizing key).Good luck.