Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is there such a product that makes an internal HDD to USB external HDD? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t222767-is-there-such-a-product-that-makes-an-internal-hdd-to-usb-external-hdd.html)

scratch@akc.com 04-27-2005 06:52 PM

Is there such a product that makes an internal HDD to USB external HDD?

I have 2 HDDs with a bunch of data in them. Recently, I bought a
laptop PC. I still want to use the HDDs as an external HDDs. Any USB
port device that can connect an internal HDD as an external HDD? If
so, please explain and specify or recommend me a product name, please.

THX,
Scratch

philo 04-27-2005 07:18 PM

Re: Is there such a product that makes an internal HDD to USB externalHDD?

scratch@akc.com wrote:
> I have 2 HDDs with a bunch of data in them. Recently, I bought a
> laptop PC. I still want to use the HDDs as an external HDDs. Any USB
> port device that can connect an internal HDD as an external HDD? If
> so, please explain and specify or recommend me a product name, please.
>
> THX,
> Scratch

yes , they are quite inexpensive
just google for "USB external harddrive case"
or something similar

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 04-27-2005 07:18 PM

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16817145363

old john 04-27-2005 07:24 PM

Re: Is there such a product that makes an internal HDD to USB external HDD?

google for `icybox` good quality, got its own power supply, love mine to
bits. best wishes..J

scratch@akc.com 04-28-2005 08:01 AM

Re: Is there such a product that makes an internal HDD to USB external HDD? THX for the help!

Barry OGrady 04-28-2005 10:49 AM

Re: Is there such a product that makes an internal HDD to USB external HDD? THX for the help!

Yes. TX
Barry

ProfGene 04-29-2005 03:42 AM

scratch@akc.com wrote:
> I have 2 HDDs with a bunch of data in them. Recently, I bought a
> laptop PC. I still want to use the HDDs as an external HDDs. Any USB
> port device that can connect an internal HDD as an external HDD? If
> so, please explain and specify or recommend me a product name, please.
>
> THX,
> Scratch

I have used three different brands of these devices and at some point in
time each one of them has failed. They seem to be a good idea that
doesn't last too long.